Motherboard dead?

Hololand

my computer off as normal. I woke up this morning and tries to turn the PC on. Absolutely nothing happened. The lights were on in the pc so my first assumption was that the power button on the case was broken somehow. So I tried the switch on the mother board and that didn't wrong either. No POST, no fans. Nothing. I have tried a different power supply / swapped ram out / tried a different wall socket. I have tried clearing the CMOS etc with no luck. I even removed the GPU and C drive an attempt to get it to start POSTing but had no luck. Nothing I have done has gotten it to POST or get the fans to spin. Please help I have a test tommorow and this is some seriously inconvenience timing lol

Specs -

I7700k

Asus Maximus IX Formula

32GB ddr4 tridentZ memory

Gtx 980TI

Samsung 960 pro M.2 ssd C drive

Could be a grounding issue with the motherboard causing the PSU to see a "short circuit" and thus not powering on.  You could try taking the motherboard out of the case to rule out any grounding issues.  If the fans don't spin up, it's extremely unlikely of getting any kind of POST (I assume you mean the PSU fans also don't spin up?).  Could also be an amp delivery issue, so you could try starting it without any RAM/GPU/Anything and just the motherboard and see if it at least powers on. 

If I have to explain every detail, I won't talk to you.  If you answer a question with what can be found through 10 seconds of googling, you've contributed nothing, as I assure you I've already considered it.

What a world we would be living in if I had to post several paragraphs every time I ask a question.

Maybe a faulty PSU? Try unugging stuff to see if it powers on and at least spins the fans with less Watts consumption. Let it scream for ram or w/e just see if it will turn on and then go from there... shut it down and start plugging things back on, hopefully will find the issue. I'd put my money on the PSU though... could be the mobo but let's be optimistic ?

Update from me. I have taken apart the pc, removed components and tested until I have gotten to just the bare board and psu. No luck. I have tried a different psu and the issue persists. Nothing I have tried including reseatjng the board / cpu etc has had any effect. I am certain it is a board issue. The board leds come on and the only functional button seems to be the clear cmos button. No posting. No fans. Nothing. I think the board Is bricked.