LL Fans + Lighting Node Pro

RKarim

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a three pack of Corsair LL RGB fans. The problem is that I need 4 fans. if I bought another single LL, would it be possible for all 4 to be controlled by the included lightning node pro? How would I do this?

~RKarim

Okay so I was going to explain everything to you, but the answer is pretty much in my guide in my signature below :D Feel free to ask any questions !

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

I bought the ML 3 pack. the fans connect to a device which can accept 6 fan connections. that then connects to the Lightning node pro. So yes, it will work fine.

Love not hate

If I remember correctly, the fans connect to the 6 port hub, the hub connects to the Lightning Node Pro and both the Node Pro and the 6 port hub have sata cables to connect to your power supply. The Node Pro also has a usb connection to your motherboard.

et voila

Love not hate

6 minutes ago, Beer_Nontitju said:

Okay so I was going to explain everything to you, but the answer is pretty much in my guide in my signature below :D Feel free to ask any questions !

Wait, so I'd need a commander pro for PWM control?

1 minute ago, RKarim said:

Wait, so I'd need a commander pro for PWM control?

pretty sure you don't, no. I set the fan curve in my bios

Love not hate

2 minutes ago, RKarim said:

need a commander pro for PWM control?

You can control fan speed with your Motherboard Fan headers, but the commander pro makes it hell of a lot easier

Just now, Beer_Nontitju said:

You can control fan speed with your Motherboard Fan headers, but the commander pro makes hell of a lot easier

So Lightning Node Pro = Fan Hub?

7 minutes ago, RKarim said:

Lightning Node Pro = Fan Hub

the LNP is more like a washed down version of the commander pro. The LNP only allows you to control lighting, the commander pro allows for lighting AND fan speed control as you have two cables emanating from the LL fans: 1 RGB cable and one power cable

1 minute ago, Beer_Nontitju said:

the LNP is more like a washed down version of the commander pro. The LNP only allows you to control lighting, the commander pro allows for lighting AND fan speed control as you have two cables emanating from the LL fans: 1 RGB cable and one power cable

So if I bought 4x single LL's and a CP would that work?

So if I bought 4x single LL's and a CP would that work?

Sure, then you won't need the LNP - you'll have to keep it safe just in case

Sure, then you won't need the LNP - you'll have to keep it safe just in case

Where would I get the Fan Hub then? 

Where would I get the Fan Hub then? 

The little RGB hub that connects to the LNP or Commander Pro is provided with the LL fans. The commander pro can be bought from lots of retailer: amazon, newegg,...

The little RGB hub that connects to the LNP or Commander Pro is provided with the LL fans. The commander pro can be bought from lots of retailer: amazon, newegg,...

Alright, I'll see if I can get one used possibly - $65 is a shitton for a plastic box.

$65 is a shitton for a plastic box

Yeah, but you can control everything with iCUE. It also has more functions other than lighting and rpm control like thermal sensors for your case and an extra USB 2.0 header, it also makes cable management easier.

The alternative is using 4 of your motherboard fan headers. Or you can buy a PWM fan splitter or 3rd party Fan Hub (for instance the Thermaltake commander FP $15)  and set the fan curve of the LL120s with your BIOS; that way you'll only need one fan header. 

12 minutes ago, Beer_Nontitju said:

Yeah, but you can control everything with iCUE. It also has more functions other than lighting and rpm control like thermal sensors for your case and an extra USB 2.0 header, it also makes cable management easier.

The alternative is using 4 of your motherboard fan headers. Or you can buy a PWM fan splitter or 3rd party Fan Hub (for instance the Thermaltake commander FP $15)  and set the fan curve of the LL120s with your BIOS; that way you'll only need one fan header. 

I've actually already got a 3rd party hub, so I'll probably go with that.