New OS when upgrading parts?

Riziko

So I have had my PC now for 2 years and I'm looking to upgrade the main components, but my question is do I have to reinstall the OS or can I just transfer the nvme SSD into the new one and use the existing OS?

So I'm gonna be getting a new CPU, new motherboard, new GPU and a new Power Supply

With Windows 10 you can usually just migrate the NVMe to the new system you will more than likely have to reactivate windows since the system ID will change.

Just now, MCalladine said:

With Windows 10 you can usually just migrate the NVMe to the new system you will more than likely have to reactivate windows since the system ID will change.

So I can just switch the parts and everything gonna work like normal, no BIOS changing or anything like that?I know I have to get the new drivers in, but apart from that we good than I guess

Thats usually what I have done on all my test benches for the last year.

The only bios settings you'll need to change is most likely XMP or DOHC for the ram and setting the NVMe drive as the boot drive then you should be good to go.

Thankfully Microsoft has fixed the BSOD on hardware change that plagued previous versions of windows.

4 minutes ago, MCalladine said:

Thats usually what I have done on all my test benches for the last year.

The only bios settings you'll need to change is most likely XMP or DOHC for the ram and setting the NVMe drive as the boot drive then you should be good to go.

Thankfully Microsoft has fixed the BSOD on hardware change that plagued previous versions of windows.

Ty so much bro