MOD an old steering wheel for better d

Khaleesinikov

I have a fairly old steering wheel that somehow still works, (logitech wingman formula gp, the yellow one without FFB). Is it possible to do some magic inside that allows me to turn it 900 degrees instead of 90? I read somewhere that i could change the potentiometers inside but i dont really know how to and if i could, it probably wouldn't work with its original drivers.

Since the paddle shifters on the back are starting to fail, get stuck etc, I've decided to go the DIY route since i'm a poor student. I already have a concept for a shifter made out of a flight stick and soldering a pedal as clutch to a controller's trigger input.

Now my question is that is it possible to mod the wheel to have bigger degrees of rotation, or should i just wait for a few months and buy a g25 or g29.

CPU: Intel Core I5 4690K || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB Windforce 2 OC || RAM: 8GB Hyper X furry 1600Mhz || Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 || PSU: EVGA 600W (100-W1-0600-K2) || Displays: Asus VC239 1080p ips 23",  Acer x193w 1440x900 19,5" || Keyboard: Bloody B120 || Mouse: Bloody V8M

Proud Member of The Budget Gaming Masterrace

I dont know how the steering wheel is build up exactly, but the potentiometer is probably just acting as a voltage divider. So changing that to another one that can rotate further would work. Even with the same drivers.

• 4 months later...
On 11/8/2019 at 7:50 PM, Khaleesinikov said:

I have a fairly old steering wheel that somehow still works, (logitech wingman formula gp, the yellow one without FFB). Is it possible to do some magic inside that allows me to turn it 900 degrees instead of 90? I read somewhere that i could change the potentiometers inside but i dont really know how to and if i could, it probably wouldn't work with its original drivers.

Since the paddle shifters on the back are starting to fail, get stuck etc, I've decided to go the DIY route since i'm a poor student. I already have a concept for a shifter made out of a flight stick and soldering a pedal as clutch to a controller's trigger input.

Now my question is that is it possible to mod the wheel to have bigger degrees of rotation, or should i just wait for a few months and buy a g25 or g29.

Did you ever try it out?