Beep Codes

My PC is giving off 4 beep codes and what I dug up about it is that its probably a video error, however I want some confirmation and some DIY tips on what I can do myself.

Specs:

Processor : Intel Pentium G620

GFX : Integeated Intel HD Graphics

Mobo : Intel Mahobay Sandy Bridge (AMI mobo)

RAM : 4 gigs (2x2)

I have uploaded the beeps in attachment. I want to know what problem is it and what can I do about it myself since I don't have the money to spare right now.

I have uploaded the beeps in the attachment. The first noise is me turning on my PC. Then the beeps.

Thanks in Advance.

24 minutes ago, Masteroid said:

myaelf

Give me the model name of the motherboard, or manufacturer of the computer (if it's prebuilt like from HP or Dell)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Give me the model name of the motherboard, or manufacturer of the computer (if it's prebuilt like from HP or Dell)

Not prebuilt.

Mobo is AMI (said in post already)

Just now, Masteroid said:

AMI

what model?

AMI is like saying "I have an Asus mobo" it tells me nothing without hte model number

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

what model?

AMI is like saying "I have an Asus mobo" it tells me nothing without hte model number

Its an Intel Mahobay Sandy Bridge chipset thats the most I know about it.

2 minutes ago, Masteroid said:

Its an Intel Mahobay Sandy Bridge chipset thats the most I know about it.

That's a problem them. Each mobo manufacturer creates its own set of beep codes, that are often times unique to that board. Without knowing anything about the board, I'm hard pressed to make suggestions on troubleshooting other than very generic steps

(1) Reset BIOS to default

(2) Test with only 1 stick of RAM

(3) Unplug everything not required to turn on (in other words, unplug hard drives, cd-roms, etc)

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's a problem them. Each mobo manufacturer creates its own set of beep codes, that are often times unique to that board. Without knowing anything about the board, I'm hard pressed to make suggestions on troubleshooting other than very generic steps

(1) Reset BIOS to default

(2) Test with only 1 stick of RAM

(3) Unplug everything not required to turn on (in other words, unplug hard drives, cd-roms, etc)

The American Megatrands logo popped up on start and you can try looking it up. You can uh tell me if I can look for the model no. On the board since PC won't start.

3 minutes ago, Masteroid said:

You can uh tell me if I can look for the model no. On the board

Typically it's printed/silkscreened on the motherboard itself, near the PCIe slots or possibly the RAM slot.

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Typically it's printed/silkscreened on the motherboard itself, near the PCIe slots or possibly the RAM slot.

Ok I will try to find it and tell you that tomorrow.

11 hours ago, Masteroid said:

Ok I will try to find it and tell you that tomorrow.

11 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

How is a model no. Supposed to look on a mobo. And I broke off one the support legs on the cpu cooler while removing it.

5 hours ago, Masteroid said:

Ok, now that we know what the motherboard model is, we can get back to your original question, of the beep codes and what to do about it.

According to the Biostar website on beep codes here:

https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/support/faq_content.php?S_ID=373

It sounds like your RAM has gone bad, or the board doesn't like what you gave it. Pull the RAM out, and power it up, see if the beep codes change. If they do, then it's probably bad RAM (or incompatible) if they don't, then the problem is elsewhere.

Put one stick back in after you power it off, and then power it up, see what happens

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, now that we know what the motherboard model is, we can get back to your original question, of the beep codes and what to do about it.

It sounds like your RAM has gone bad, or the board doesn't like what you gave it. Pull the RAM out, and power it up, see if the beep codes change. If they do, then it's probably bad RAM (or incompatible) if they don't, then the problem is elsewhere.

Put one stick back in after you power it off, and then power it up, see what happens

Both sticks worked fine but ok I'll check

36 minutes ago, Masteroid said:

Both sticks worked fine but ok I'll check

44 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Thank You So Much Mate.

It was a dead RAM stick.

I m down to 2 gigs RAM now but hey the PC works :)

Thanks so much, you alone responded to the topic :)

1 hour ago, Masteroid said:

Thanks so much

Glad I could help.

RAM for that board should be fairly cheap to get. You'll be up and running in no time.