Input lag while streaming

Go to solution Solved by StaySideWaysYT,

ok i fixed the issue. so basically i overclocked my ram using xmp from 2400 MHz to 3000MHz and now i dont feel the input lag i was feeling! thanks for the help guys!

So basically when i stream fortnite, i feel a little more input lag, then when im not streaming and i dont know why. PLEASE HELP!!

my specs are

ryzen 5 2600

gtx 1660 xc ultra

16gb ddr4 2600 mhz ram

gigabyte b450m

120gb ssd

1tb hard drive

500w power supply

my obs settings are 

nvenc (new)

6000 bit rate

max quality

cbr

profile high

look ahead off

psycho visual tuning on

GPU 0

max b frames 2

my fortnite settings are

view distance low

shadows off

anti aliasing off

textures low

effects low

post processing low

v sync off

motion blur off

multi threaded rendering on

1080p

full screen

frame limit unlimited

Have you monitored system usage? Do you see this in fps or dropped frames? Is it more keyboard or mouse, or both?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

no fps drops or anything cpu usage is at 3-5% and i mostly feel it in the mouse. when i try to do something in fortnite really fast, i have to do it slower or else it wont register cause there delay. the keyboard, i feel it a little bit

5 hours ago, StaySideWaysYT said:

no fps drops or anything cpu usage is at 3-5% and i mostly feel it in the mouse. when i try to do something in fortnite really fast, i have to do it slower or else it wont register cause there delay. the keyboard, i feel it a little bit

And when you aren't streaming, its all good? The streaming shouldn't have that kind of effect, not when your CPU usage is so low. Or maybe thats the issue. Your CPU is really capable for encoding while GPU really isn't the highest end one.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

And when you aren't streaming, its all good? The streaming shouldn't have that kind of effect, not when your CPU usage is so low. Or maybe thats the issue. Your CPU is really capable for encoding while GPU really isn't the highest end one.

could also be ping related. (assuming he doesnt really understand input latency vs frame drop vs lag)  network possibly isnt stable enough to handle the required upload speed of streaming, while also trying to handle the download speed of playing the game?

do you see an increase in ping when you stream?

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

no my ping is 20-30 all the time no matter what, and my download is 500 and upload is 25.

8 hours ago, StaySideWaysYT said:

i thought the 1660 was really good for it?

From what I've read it's like 1050Ti of the RTX 2XXX series. Just try to encode with CPU instead and see if it's any better.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

ok i fixed the issue. so basically i overclocked my ram using xmp from 2400 MHz to 3000MHz and now i dont feel the input lag i was feeling! thanks for the help guys!