Sony a6000

Is the screen on the sony a6000 touch if not are there any better porta bbn le camera options at the same price if not.

I know it might be a downgrade but, check out the Sony nex-5r. I won one on eBay with a lens (18-55mm f3.5-5.6) and the flash for $133 (plus shipping). Another Camera that is good is the canon eos-m if you aren't already tied to Sony.

R U L E  # 1   A b o u t   M e:   I   u s u a l l y   g i v e   D U M B   a d v i c e   a n d   y o u   s h o u l d   n o t   l i s t e n   t o  m e.

1 minute ago, birdflyer said:

I know it might be a downgrade but, check out the Sony nex-5r. I won one on eBay with a lens (18-55mm f3.5-5.6) and the flash for $133 (plus shipping). Another Camera that is good is the canon eos-m if you aren't already tied to Sony.

I found I Sony a600 with the 18 55mm and the 55 250mm for 600 and the m cost 650 with the kit lens i would by the m if the a6000 isn’t a touchscreen is it

3 minutes ago, Adsome2007 said:

I found I Sony a600 with the 18 55mm and the 55 250mm for 600 and the m cost 650 with the kit lens i would by the m if the a6000 isn’t a touchscreen is it

You could also look at an used Sony A7 or maybe even an A7r. May I ask what the camera is going to be used for?

R U L E  # 1   A b o u t   M e:   I   u s u a l l y   g i v e   D U M B   a d v i c e   a n d   y o u   s h o u l d   n o t   l i s t e n   t o  m e.

2 hours ago, birdflyer said:

You could also look at an used Sony A7 or maybe even an A7r. May I ask what the camera is going to be used for?

It is going to be used for photography mostly of landscapes or trees I’ve been using my phone but want something more and I especially want the lens and body together to be under 800 dollars including a zoom lens (atleast 130mm) but I am aiming to go as low as possible .My goals are a touch screen and viewfinder and I require it to be very portable as it will be with me at almost all times. If needed I would sacrifice a few thing for a touch screen but not the viewfinder as with the eos m200

The Canon EOS M50 with the 18-45mm and the 55-200mm lens kit is perhaps your best option:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1393462-REG/canon_2680c021_eos_m50_mirrorless_digital.html

It's a hair outside your budget, but it's a fairly capable camera and it's being paired with two cheap, but decent lenses. Should fill all of your needs.

3 hours ago, ThePointblank said:

The Canon EOS M50 with the 18-45mm and the 55-200mm lens kit is perhaps your best option:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1393462-REG/canon_2680c021_eos_m50_mirrorless_digital.html

It's a hair outside your budget, but it's a fairly capable camera and it's being paired with two cheap, but decent lenses. Should fill all of your needs.

Would there be a sale on black friday because I have exactly 800 to use no more no less

I might have missed this, but incase noone answered the direct question, no the a6000 does not have a touch screen.

If you are willing to buy second hand, it might be worth looking online for some deals. I got mine with a half decent prime lens for a little over 200 euros.

4 hours ago, Adsome2007 said:

Would there be a sale on black friday because I have exactly 800 to use no more no less

It's already on sale with a price drop of $300, so I don't expect it drop any further for Black Friday. If you don't think you will need the reach, you could omit the 55-200mm lens in the package and that would get you under budget. 

5 hours ago, ThePointblank said:

It's already on sale with a price drop of $300, so I don't expect it drop any further for Black Friday. If you don't think you will need the reach, you could omit the 55-200mm lens in the package and that would get you under budget. 

The 300 dollar drop isn't realy a sale because it is always there at every website and I would be willing to go to a different camera to get a zoom lens included because.

2 hours ago, Adsome2007 said:

The 300 dollar drop isn't realy a sale because it is always there at every website and I would be willing to go to a different camera to get a zoom lens included 

5 hours ago, Adsome2007 said:

The 300 dollar drop isn't realy a sale because it is always there at every website and I would be willing to go to a different camera to get a zoom lens included because.

That's because it's a Canon-authorized discount; Canon sets the MSRP, and B&H is an authorized Canon retailer.

And the M50 is probably the best camera that meets your requirements that can squeeze into your budget without either going to a really old camera, or used or refurbished.

If you don't mind manufacturer refurbished, the same camera and lens combo is available from the Canon eStore for $710:

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/refurbished-eos-m50-ef-m-15-45mm-f-35-63-55-200mm-f-35-63-is-stm-bundle-black