Need Help Finding a Radeon VII for under $500

Sam0819

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a Radeon VII for school. The school is buying it for one of our classroom workstations. Unfortunately their guidelines for online orders are very restricting, it has to be...

1. New condition from a site like Amazon, Newegg, etc. (No sites like eBay even if its listed as new)

2. Each individual component must be less than $500

3. We cant buy gift cards because the school might thing we are using the money for personal gains.

4. We cant use monthly payment plans to get around the cost limit.

I would go for a 2070S, but it is for a CAD class and we (me and teacher) do not want the school administration to give us a hard time for buying "Gaming" hardware. Plus the Radeon VII is better for our workloads anyways.

The closest thing I have been able to find is this https://www.newegg.com/xfx-radeon-vii-rx-vegma3fd6/p/N82E16814150820?item=N82E16814150820&source=region&nm_mc=knc-googleadwords-pc&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwords-pc-_-pla-_-video+cards+-+amd%2fati-_-N82E16814150820&gclid=Cj0KCQiA2ITuBRDkARIsAMK9Q7PZc_0XrmBn4yHQNdVaO9gxqZQkLejjpiRDzGZjZaaIj27Zo2JyPrIaAhKAEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thank you everyone and have an amazing day!

The Radeon VII is a 1080 ti competitor, which means it would cost as much as a 2080 in a vacuum. A $500 Radeon VII is asking a lot. The RX 5700 XT is not a bad choice honestly, despite the lack of Vram compared to a workstation card.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

9 hours ago, Sam0819 said:

2. Each individual component must be less than $500

Yeah, not happening. Because the card is end-of-life, and because it's the most powerful professional GPU AMD has ever released, it's price isn't going to drop unless they come out with something better for a lower price.

CPURyzen 7 5800X with Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO & push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO & 2x Arctic P12 PWM fans Case: Antec P5

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Ok, thank you guys I might go look at like a 5700xt then.

If you need it just because of Vram allocation you can get a Vega 64 and Use HBCC. Be aware that 32g ram will be probably needed if you use 16g of vram.