GPU performing lower than usual?

flya00

I got a MSi Radeon RX 570 8GB Armor OC 11 months ago and lately I've realized it is extremely hot (65-85C) and my fps in games like ETS2 (35FPS) and Fortnite (55FPS) is way lower than it used to be (95 and 135). Another thing I've noticed is my graphics card is very loud (Can hear from second story of house). I am quite worried and have not played games since this issue occurred. I am hoping someone can help me and all help is appreciated.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21439704

1 hour ago, Andrew 1337 said:

If you physically inspect the fans and heat sink; is there allot of dust?

It sounds like the GPU fan is jammed up on dust, or it is failing outright.

There is little bit of dust but nothing where I feel need to clean it. It shouldn't fail cause I use it occasionally and take care of it.

13 minutes ago, flya00 said:

There is little bit of dust but nothing where I feel need to clean it. It shouldn't fail cause I use it occasionally and take care of it.

Fans are always the first thing to fail it dose not matter how well you maintain the system.

What is the Fan RPM and % Fan Speed when your GPU is at 100% load?

If it turns out the fans are bad, see if your GPU is still covered under warranty. If so, you may want to RMA it. A fan shouldn't fail within 11 months in most use case scenarios unless you've got the computer outside or in a garage or poorly ventilated area. If it's not under warranty, many Visa and Mastercards offer warranty extensions on purchases made using them. Might be worth it to look into that.

i7-12700K Cooled by Corsair H150i Elite Capellix | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | AORUS Z690 Elite DDR4 | 32GB (8GB x 4, 3200MHz) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM850 PSU | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Boot Drive

On 11/5/2019 at 4:49 PM, Andrew 1337 said:

Fans are always the first thing to fail it dose not matter how well you maintain the system.

What is the Fan RPM and % Fan Speed when your GPU is at 100% load?

Usually 70% but RPM is unknown.

*edit* This is in MSi Afterburner.

{

23 hours ago, Tacos4all said:

If it turns out the fans are bad, see if your GPU is still covered under warranty. If so, you may want to RMA it. A fan shouldn't fail within 11 months in most use case scenarios unless you've got the computer outside or in a garage or poorly ventilated area. If it's not under warranty, many Visa and Mastercards offer warranty extensions on purchases made using them. Might be worth it to look into that.

I once tried OC'ing so I am not sure but it was only by 100 MHz, I also bought through Newegg.

11 minutes ago, flya00 said:

{

I once tried OC'ing so I am not sure but it was only by 100 MHz, I also bought through Newegg.

So long as you didn't mess with voltages, I am sure you'll be fine. I would recommend just doing an RMA. Don't tell them you did any overclocking, just tell them the problem. You'd handle this straight through the manufacturer of the card, MSI. And you'd probably need a receipt and maybe even original box or barcode at least. Look up on their website how to submit a ticket and they'll tell you what you need. You can probably get a receipt or invoice from your Newegg account's order history so long as you didn't check out as a guest, even then I am sure their customer service could help ya out.

i7-12700K Cooled by Corsair H150i Elite Capellix | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | AORUS Z690 Elite DDR4 | 32GB (8GB x 4, 3200MHz) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM850 PSU | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Boot Drive

On 11/5/2019 at 5:02 PM, flya00 said:

lately I've realized it is extremely hot (65-85C)

That's actually not all that hot...

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms