"Upmix" Stereo to "5.1 Surround sound"

Go to solution Solved by Derkoli,
3 hours ago, Ruboka said:

Hello,

i have a new PC and i am using a 5.1 surround setup.

My old Asrock motherboard sound driver had a feature that i could use for "faking" surround sound, so all boxes are playing, if the source audio is only stereo( for example very important for me youtube playing in my firefox).

Now I have a  MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC and the sound driver is kinda dumb.

First Realtek wont come with an classic control panel in the taskbar and second msi pushes nahimic for which reason i dont know.

In nahimic you can select virtual surround sound for music etc but it does not affect the web browser.

Is there any software addon or whatever that  achieves my requirement for playing my firefox youtube audio stream "upmixed"  as "5.1 surround sound"?

Ps: an av receiver is not an option, i dont want to go crazy just to get a simple feature that already exists(or at least it did)

Check out EqualizerAPO, can do all sort's with it, including upmixing channels. Really helpful tool for the stupid audio in windows.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

Hello,

My old Asrock motherboard sound driver had a feature that i could use for "faking" surround sound, so all boxes are playing, if the source audio is only stereo( for example very important for me youtube playing in my firefox).

First Realtek wont come with an classic control panel in the taskbar and second msi pushes nahimic for which reason i dont know.

In nahimic you can select virtual surround sound for music etc but it does not affect the web browser.

Is there any software addon or whatever that  achieves my requirement for playing my firefox youtube audio stream "upmixed"  as "5.1 surround sound"?

Ps: an av receiver is not an option, i dont want to go crazy just to get a simple feature that already exists(or at least it did)

Desktop PC:

Ryzen 5 3600 @stock - Noctua NH-U12S-SE-AM4-  B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Ac - Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700XT -

32GB (16x2) Ballistix Sport DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36 -

250GB Samsung 850 EVO SATA - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA - 500GB WD Blue SATA M.2 - Corsair TX 750M - NZXT H500 - Benq GW2765 -
ViewSonic VS2778  SMHD -  Logitech G105

Audio Gear:

Teufel Concept E 100
Sennheiser Game One
Creative Soundblaster X3

PCPartPicker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YVzK4n

3 hours ago, Ruboka said:

Hello,

Check out EqualizerAPO, can do all sort's with it, including upmixing channels. Really helpful tool for the stupid audio in windows.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

22 hours ago, Derkoli said:

oh wow. i love the community for those projects.

this nahimic software is a big piece of crap. Those simple features got killed by stupid marketing. Realtek control center was perfect in doing the things simple and still got the job done.

thx for responding to my question.

i also intalled peace (https://sourceforge.net/projects/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/) which gives a nice gui.

this makes things easier for me.

anything you recommend for microphone settings on a headset that i sould keep in mind? i am quite a noob regarding audio things :'D

Desktop PC:

Ryzen 5 3600 @stock - Noctua NH-U12S-SE-AM4-  B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Ac - Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700XT -

250GB Samsung 850 EVO SATA - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA - 500GB WD Blue SATA M.2 - Corsair TX 750M - NZXT H500 - Benq GW2765 -

Audio Gear:

Teufel Concept E 100
Sennheiser Game One
Creative Soundblaster X3

PCPartPicker:

1 hour ago, Ruboka said:

oh wow. i love the community for those projects.

this nahimic software is a big piece of crap. Those simple features got killed by stupid marketing. Realtek control center was perfect in doing the things simple and still got the job done.

thx for responding to my question.

i also intalled peace (https://sourceforge.net/projects/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/) which gives a nice gui.

this makes things easier for me.

anything you recommend for microphone settings on a headset that i sould keep in mind? i am quite a noob regarding audio things :'D

Yeah peaceAPO is kinda needed for EAPO, it's GUI is a bit like "oh god what the hell is this crap" for people who don't know what it all means.

Regarding the microphone, take some recording's with different settings, whatever sounds cleanest/best, use that.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

19 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Yeah peaceAPO is kinda needed for EAPO, it's GUI is a bit like "oh god what the hell is this crap" for people who don't know what it all means.

Regarding the microphone, take some recording's with different settings, whatever sounds cleanest/best, use that.

One question about one "problem" i have. Do i need to toggle manually between upmix and native surround? like youtube video playing music with upmixing turned on and then i listen to surround recorded media and i have to turn it off again?

Or is there sth that does it for me? I thought it detects the channels an audio stream has and chooses to upmix or not :/

Desktop PC:

Audio Gear:

Teufel Concept E 100
Sennheiser Game One
Creative Soundblaster X3

PCPartPicker:

Just now, Ruboka said:

One question about one "problem" i have. Do i need to toggle manually between upmix and native surround? like youtube video playing music with upmixing turned on and then i listen to surround recorded media and i have to turn it off again?

Or is there sth that does it for me? I thought it detects the channels an audio stream has and chooses to upmix or not :/

You do need to toggle unfortunatley, EqualizerAPO does have it's limits.