New Laptop Recommendation

ShadBot

I want a Laptop which fulfills the following things:

Budget: $1200

Size: Preferred 13-inch but 15-inch is also okay...

Processor: At least an 8th core i5

RAM: 8gb (minimum)

ROM: 512gb SSD

Graphics: Discreet Graphics would be great (a Nvidia MX250 2gb would be amazing)

I/O: Atleast 2 USB-3.0 and one Type-C USB 3.1 and maybe even a HDMI port

Weight: under 2 kg

I need it for doing Graphic Art and Programming!

Edited by ShadBot

For a budget of $1200 you have got TWO options:

A)

If you're not tied down to any SPECIFIC OS you should probably take a look at MacBook Air(2019). Those laptops have A VERY GOOD display for Graphic Design and if you're someone into relatively less demanding progrming (like HTML,CSS& JS) this system should be great.

Although I WOULD'NT recommend it if you're hardbent on the PORTS and STORAGE Options.

B)

If you're specifically looking for a laptop that satisfies all the requirements YOU SHOULD PROBABLY (And i recommend ) BUY The 2019 Dell Inspiron 7591.Now i know these laptops are not as iconic as an XPS but they are ALMOST EQUAL in terms of Performance at a much less price point. Only thing you give up is THE FORM FACTOR of the Higher End XPS lineup.

there are two variants of this device

1) Base Model with 8GB of RAM and a NVIDIA GTX 1050 Graphics card at 64000 INR (around 905 USD)

2) Higher variant with 16GB of RAM and the SAME GRAPHICS CARD at 77,000 INR (around 1090 USD)

there is also a pricier 32GB version but that is completely useless unless you are into demanding tasks.

Links:

https://www.dell.com/en-in/shop/laptops-2-in-1-pcs/new-inspiron-15-7000-laptop/spd/inspiron-15-7591-laptop

https://www.apple.com/in/macbook-air/

3 hours ago, ShadBot said:

I want a Laptop which fulfills the following things:

Budget: $1200

Size: Preferred 13-inch but 15-inch is also okay...

Processor: At least an 8th core i5

RAM: 8gb (minimum)

ROM: 512gb SSD

Graphics: Discreet Graphics would be great (a Nvidia MX250 2gb would be amazing)

I/O: Atleast 2 USB-3.0 and one Type-C USB 3.1 and maybe even a HDMI port

Weight: under 2 kg

I need it for doing Graphic Art and Programming!

This is the best laptop you can get for the money right now. Insane specs for the price:

MSI Alpha 15

When you're in the laptop customization page, I recommend that you choose "Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut + Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads." That reduces your CPU/GPU temps by as much as 15C which is a must in today's laptop which sport fast CPUs/GPUs to prevent over-heating and thermal throttling. 

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro