Hi guys, I am gonna buy a new laptop soon and was wondering if you have anything you'd recommend, I'm gonna be using it for school and I'll also be using unity and Photoshop on it, also light gaming since most of the games that I play aren't that demanding anyway

So the thing I care about the most is for the display to be as good as a 1080p panel can get in botht colour accuracy and brightness and to be a 15.6" display, currently the laptops that I'm thinking of are the Dell xps 15, Asus zenbook 15 and Razer blade 15, so I want to know what do you think the best one is and if there's a laptop that you think is better please let me know

As for the specs I am looking at an 8th gen core i7 and 16gb ram and to be in the range of 1200 US dollars so no MacBooks or surface, also I'm okay with refurbished and open box products 

I don't think you can go wrong with either the zenbook or the xps.

I'd stay away from the Razer, from what I've read it throttles very easily and they have build quality issues.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

1 hour ago, electric shock said:

Hi guys, I am gonna buy a new laptop soon and was wondering if you have anything you'd recommend, I'm gonna be using it for school and I'll also be using unity and Photoshop on it, also light gaming since most of the games that I play aren't that demanding anyway

So the thing I care about the most is for the display to be as good as a 1080p panel can get in botht colour accuracy and brightness and to be a 15.6" display, currently the laptops that I'm thinking of are the Dell xps 15, Asus zenbook 15 and Razer blade 15, so I want to know what do you think the best one is and if there's a laptop that you think is better please let me know

As for the specs I am looking at an 8th gen core i7 and 16gb ram and to be in the range of 1200 US dollars so no MacBooks or surface, also I'm okay with refurbished and open box products 

This is the best laptop you can get for the money right now. Insane specs for the price:

MSI Alpha 15

When you're in the laptop customization page, I recommend that you choose "Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut + Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads." That reduces your CPU/GPU temps by as much as 15C which is a must in today's laptop which sport fast CPUs/GPUs to prevent over-heating and thermal throttling. 

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro