Best (fastest) microSD card for Raspberry Pi 4?

Baterka

I am wondering what SD card buy for my Raspberry Pi 4.

I want fastest overall speed but I also do not want to exaggerate it with some Extreme V90 cards for 4k recording, because I am not sure if RPi controller can handle them.

Does anyone have some advices or expirience with new RPi and card speeds in them?

Website programmer & Electrician & PC HW lover!

I'd stick with the Samsung Evo Plus or the Samsung Evo Select (Amazon exclusive but similar to Plus).  The Pro series is faster but not noticeably so in most situations and probably not worth the extra money.  Sandisk Extreme is another good option if you can find it cheaper than Samsung Evo.  I've had good luck with both on my Rpi 3 and 4.

On an unrelated note, I really hope to take my GF to Prague one of these years.  Beautiful city.  Holiday in Europe isn't cheap for us 'mericans though.

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

13 minutes ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

I'd stick with the Samsung Evo Plus or the Samsung Evo Select (Amazon exclusive but similar to Plus).  The Pro series is faster but not noticeably so in most situations and probably not worth the extra money.  Sandisk Extreme is another good option if you can find it cheaper than Samsung Evo.  I've had good luck with both on my Rpi 3 and 4.

Ok thx :) I was thinking about those... Now I wonder if SanDisk Extreme Pro is worth of +3$ over the non-pro variant :D (Pro variant have "30MB/s faster" write speeds) but I can't find any IOPS details...

14 minutes ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

On an unrelated note, I really hope to take my GF to Prague one of these years.  Beautiful city.  Holiday in Europe isn't cheap for us 'mericans though.

It is :) Do it :) Czechia is one of the cheapest countries in Europe so I think you will be ok :D Depends how smart you are with tourist traps, because Prague is known as most scam city in Europe :D Be aware :D 

Website programmer & Electrician & PC HW lover!

4 minutes ago, Baterka said:

It is :) Do it :) Czechia is one of the cheapest countries in Europe so I think you will be ok :D Depends how smart you are with tourist traps, because Prague is known as most scam city in Europe :D Be aware :D 

It's not so much the cost of staying there as it is the $3000+ travel costs to get there.  

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium