AMD Build not performing

Combat_Killer

Hello to all,

Im experiencing an unusual problem i think and i cant really put a finger onto why this is happening, my only one conclusion that i have, is that there is an actual problem with AMD's line up with their GPU's driver or BIOS issues. As im new to AMD products and this is my very first usage of all their product lines, im finding it very difficult to diagnose.
So i thought i would come here to ask, am i missing something or is it just another AMD bug/problem waiting yet to be fixed?

All my troubleshooting & diagnosing efforts have all led me to a brick wall and dont really know where to go now.

Here are my PC specs as of right now...

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700

MOBO: Gigabyte X370-Gaming 5

GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 GAMING OC 8G

RAM: G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZB DUAL CHANNEL: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz TridentZ X2 = 32GB

SSD: Intel 500GB
HDD: 2x 2TB RAID 0 to = 4TB
PSU: 1200W Cooler Master Watt

***NEWLY EDITED HERE***
My BIOS Vers. is Gigabytes F40

I had a Gigabyte GTX960 Gaming 1 4GB GPU, that i just swapped for the now RX 5700, a couple of days ago.

Here is my problem/situation.

I started trying to create videos and the software that i use mostly is Movavi, but now slowly learning atm Blender (as of 2-3 weeks ago).

Now as i go to encode/render my newly made video its taking now 5 x longer on my RX 5700 as to my GTX960. When i dug a little deeper into it, the task manager is showing only 25% usage in Movavi and 50% in Blender of CPU usage and doesnt even use any GPU power what so ever, as the GPU power in task manager is always showing 0%.

Over the past couple of days i have been trying to fix this, but to no avail, so here is everything i have tried and done so far.

Firstly, i went through all the video editing software and adjusted all settings within the software to only use GPU resources only and AMD radeon software to force the software to use only GPU, still 0 results/change.

Secondly, since the above didnt work, i then dl'd the DDU software wiped all NVidia files, then AMD files, both in safemode, reinstalled the latest drivers from AMD's driver page, still 0 results/change.

Thirdly, since 1 & 2 steps failed, i then tried looking into my mobo's BIOS settings, but there wasnt really anything that i could see in there to change/modify to solve it, so still 0 results/change. My method of thinking was along the lines of perhaps like hotswap drive settings and virtual settings, thought maybe perhaps a GPU rendering settings would be in there.

Lastly i decided to encode straight to my SSD, still 0 results/change.

So now i went googling for fixes, but to no avail. All i could find was the basic blah-blah about how to change settings inside the software which i already new and the other info was all about how there is a problem with AMD and OBS. So after having 0 luck i then decided to dig around inside my OS.

After having a look around inside windows there really wasnt anything i could adjust or change that seemed important or relevant towards improving performance for rendering/encoding purposes, so i let it be and went to bed @4am lolz.

FACTS: This is what i do know.

Before i changed my GTX960 to the newer RX 5700, i could encode/render a 5min video to 2k in about 10-15mins on average, now using the newer GPU it takes or it says 45mins. As this being a weird time period i decided to look in the task manager and found that my new GPU Movavi runs @0% GPU & 30% CPU usage, Blender @0% GPU & 50-55% CPU usage, as verses to my old GPU, it would be running @99-100% and CPU roughly @25-40% using the Movavi software, dont know about blender as i never used it with old GPU GTX960.

Before you have a look at my attached zip files to this post i noticed that im now kind of using GPU power, so what ever i touched last night in the windows 10 settings must of somehow tweaked the performance. So now i think perhaps the problem is with M.Soft Windows OS and not the vid editing software or hardware. Its just too bad that i dont remember what exactly i did last night, but before last night the GPU was running @0%, now im getting at least getting it up to 25%.

As i mentioned before, im fairly new when it comes to AMD products. I have never hardly had any issues out of the 10+ yrs using intel & nvidia only products, so i dont know if its my lack of knowledge fully understanding AMD wording of their techno jargon, or im actually just now discovering the limitations of their products.

But i cant understand how the tech youtubers like, Linus, JayzTwoCents and others can run bench marks on their AMD product line and get great results with Blender and i was at least expecting with my current setup to be pretty good or ok to handle encoding/rendering at respectable speeds, but when my crappier GPU does better then my newer one and also not on so good software, so one has to question sometimes, WTF!

Anyhow, thanks for reading my post and i am hoping to find someone in this world to help me solve this issue as the only 1 option that i have up my sleeve is to do a windows format, but i have a feeling its not going to do much, if at all anything, but after realizing now that somehow that i got that extra performance out of my GPU after fooling around with some settings last night in windows, is why im contemplating/entertaining the idea of a reformat of windows.

Cheers,

3 hours ago, Combat_Killer said:

but when my crappier GPU does better then my newer one and also not on so good software, so one has to question sometimes, WTF!

Does Movavi support GPU acceleration for AMD GPUs? Did you check the settings?

Same thing with Blender. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

On 11/3/2019 at 12:30 AM, xAcid9 said:

Does Movavi support GPU acceleration for AMD GPUs? Did you check the settings?

Same thing with Blender. 

No, Movavi doesnt only for NVidia and Intel, but it does allow a tick box for OpenGL and thats about it.

As with Blender as im fairly new with, the only settings i could find were in the PREFERENCE options, if there are any other different options that im unaware about, then no. But other than that all settings are set to AMD cpu & gpu, but i have tried toggling with all different variants and still with no changes.

Did you see my zip folder?

Only asking cause i uploaded it, but im not sure if its here as i cannot see the attachment on my OP.