windows 7 backup

Los Serpent

is making a backup with system image the same as making a system image in windows 7?

I'm not sure what you mean but I'll take a stab in the dark to answer you (and maybe hurt myself?).

A system image is basically a digital snapshot of your system that can be used to reproduce it. Think of it as a photo negative. You use the negative to create a picture that is a duplicate of the scene and/or object you took the picture of as it looked at the time you took the picture.

Imaging is best used for backing up system files (OS and programs) only (and is essential for that). It can be used to back up data but is too time consuming and space wasting for backing up data (folder/file syncing programs are for backing up data files only).

Win 7's imaging feature tends to be temperamental and unreliable and I do not recommend using it. There are far better imaging programs available. I recommend using Macrium Reflect Free. I also recommend storing the images on an external backup drive instead of on the computer.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

231404953_2019-10-3117_58_55-Backuperipristino.png.94b0b1e793a355bc44c9da3f7beb13f3.png

1 hour ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I'm not sure what you mean but I'll take a stab in the dark to answer you (and maybe hurt myself?).

A system image is basically a digital snapshot of your system that can be used to reproduce it. Think of it as a photo negative. You use the negative to create a picture that is a duplicate of the scene and/or object you took the picture of as it looked at the time you took the picture.

Imaging is best used for backing up system files (OS and programs) only (and is essential for that). It can be used to back up data but is too time consuming and space wasting for backing up data (folder/file syncing programs are for backing up data files only).

Win 7's imaging feature tends to be temperamental and unreliable and I do not recommend using it. There are far better imaging programs available. I recommend using Macrium Reflect Free. I also recommend storing the images on an external backup drive instead of on the computer.

what i'm asking is, is pressing on "BACKUP" on widows 7, and doing a backup, inculding the image. is it the same as pressing on "create a system image"?

2019-10-31 17_59_23-2019-10-31 17_58_52-Backup e ripristino.png - Visualizzatore foto di Windows.png

7 hours ago, Los Serpent said:

what i'm asking is, is pressing on "BACKUP" on widows 7, and doing a backup, inculding the image. is it the same as pressing on "create a system image"?

2019-10-31 17_59_23-2019-10-31 17_58_52-Backup e ripristino.png - Visualizzatore foto di Windows.png

@Lady Fitzgerald's answer was very detailed and accurate. Sad it does not contain anser you want to hear. :)