Keep my X299 or go Threadripper 3

Okay my current "main" computer is a X299 Asus ROG VI Extreme with Ek mono Block with a I9-9900X CPU@ 4.3Ghz, Asus Hyper M.2 X16V2 with four Intel 512G Intel 7600P in raid 0 Evga 1080ti HC SC. 32Gb of DDR4 3200.

I do mostly production work, Renders for designs in Blender and Fusion 360, but I do play games no AAA titles just World of WarShips, Wolsen, pagan, D3, and War for the overworld.

Last week two of my 7600s died Intel is sending me replacements but I don't like mixing old and new so I was going to order two more 7600 before I rebuild my array.

I starting looking around and thinking (scary thought I know)

Maybe I should go ahead and switch to hard line, but if I am going to do that I should upgrade to the RTX 2080ti. should I really drop 2400 into this system when TR3 is just around the corner?

To make a long story short if you had 3k burning a whole in your pocket which option would you pick

Sell it all on ebay 

Get Thread Ripper 3 with the 2080ti 32gb and a new NVME raid card

Keep it update the video card rebuild the raid array, put in the hardline and stop wasting time. Fix my ugly wiring :)

3. Just go 3950 and NVME Gen 4

DSC_0005.JPG

57 minutes ago, Belezeebub said:

Doesn't seem like budget is an issue so probably just go for Threadripper 3000 so you have all the Gen 4 PCI-e lanes in the world.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I am thinking my 9900X, 32Gb of Ram, 4x512 NVME Intel drives, EVGA 1080ti HC and Asus RE6 With MonoBlock is worth around 1600 in fleabay if that matters in my question.

Yeah go with Threadripper 3 it'll have all the I/O you'll need and the 2080Ti will be a good pairing, the potential 16 core or 24 core (whichever is the entry-level one) will do the CAD in a heartbeat! Cheers man ;)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | RAM: 2*16GB 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver | SSD: 2TB Gigabyte Aorus Gen 4; 500GB Samsung 860 EVO | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Corsair Crystal 680X | Monitor: Eve Spectrum 4K | Keyboard: Logitech G513 Romer-G Tactile | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed