Review of component list

Hustii

Hi guys!

I am aiming for a r5 3600 aimed build for mostly gaming.

Here is the link to the store I would buy probably everything from (unless sales come into play):

https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping_cart.php/basket_action/load_basket_extern/id/539c63221f72eb5b71db2575b4d5cd012029cda4f6efe964fa8

Is there anything unreasonable, which would make it better performing or even cheaper?

Buying from germany, Budget 1k- 1.2k.

1 Monitor. Peripherals not needed.

Looks like a great System. Everything seems balanced. Did you check with PC Partpicker  if the 400W are enough? Otherwise 500W Power Supplies are not much more expensive then your 400W Supply.

And I guess you have an additional Hard Drive? 400 Gb could run out of Space quite fast

3 minutes ago, Sajiko said:

Looks like a great System. Everything seems balanced. Did you check with PC Partpicker  if the 400W are enough? Otherwise 500W Power Supplies are not much more expensive then your 400W Supply.

And I guess you have an additional Hard Drive? 400 Gb could run out of Space quite fast

Reusing the old HDD or getting a smaller SSD for OS and combining with a 1TB HDD is always an option.

4 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

I would change the CPU cooler (Dark Rock 4), the SSD (MX500) and the 5700XT Pulse instead.

Can you give me an example what the recommendations are based on?

I will look into them once I am done with work.

1 minute ago, Hustii said:

Can you give me an example what the recommendations are based on?

I will look into them once I am done with work.

Well I don't know that CPU cooler so I don't know how it performs. The A400 is known to be bad and the 5700XT Pulse is just better (lots of benchmark). Otherwise everything else is good but indeed as @Sajiko mention, check if 400w is enough.

7 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Well I don't know that CPU cooler so I don't know how it performs. The A400 is known to be bad and the 5700XT Pulse is just better (lots of benchmark). Otherwise everything else is good but indeed as @Sajiko mention, check if 400w is enough.

For same price as the original GPU there are a few options:

XFX, Sapphire or which brand?

Since knowing that Powercolor ist good, but the Budget goes up by quite a bit.

2 minutes ago, Hustii said:

For same price as the original GPU there are a few options:

XFX, Sapphire or which brand?

Since knowing that Powercolor ist good, but the Budget goes up by quite a bit.

Sapphire is really good and XFX completely fucked up their 5700 series, so Sapphire all the way. Powercolor is also good :) 

3 hours ago, Plouffe said:

Sapphire is really good and XFX completely fucked up their 5700 series, so Sapphire all the way. Powercolor is also good :) 

Thanks for the input!

1 hour ago, Plouffe said:

Yes !

No.

Big no !

Okay, is it because of the MHz?

I am trying to compare, but can never figure out "why".

14 minutes ago, Hustii said:

Okay, is it because of the MHz?

I am trying to compare, but can never figure out "why".

No it's because blower card are terribly cooled and XFX Thicc II is the worst 5700 GPU card you can get.

The Red Devil on the contrary is really good :)

16 hours ago, Plouffe said:

No it's because blower card are terribly cooled and XFX Thicc II is the worst 5700 GPU card you can get.

The Red Devil on the contrary is really good :)

Sorry if I am bothering you too much, you are kinda like a guru to me.

Is this one an okay option?

https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/8GB-Sapphire-Radeon-RX-5700-XT-Pulse-8G-GDDR6-HDMI-TRIPLE-DP-OC-W--BP--_1324347.html

4 minutes ago, Hustii said:

Sorry if I am bothering you too much, you are kinda like a guru to me.

Is this one an okay option?

https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/8GB-Sapphire-Radeon-RX-5700-XT-Pulse-8G-GDDR6-HDMI-TRIPLE-DP-OC-W--BP--_1324347.html

It's a good card too but if you can pay a little more the Nitro+ is even better :) (i saw 467.81€) or even https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/8GB-Gigabyte-Radeon-RX-5700-XT-GAMING-OC-8G_1326179.html at 409€

1 minute ago, Plouffe said:

It's a good card too but if you can pay a little more the Nitro+ is even better :) (i saw 467.81€) or even https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/8GB-Gigabyte-Radeon-RX-5700-XT-GAMING-OC-8G_1326179.html at 409€

so gigabyte is still a good option? I heard they had a series which was also blowers and was messed up.. either 1660 or 1660ti.

2 minutes ago, Hustii said:

so gigabyte is still a good option? I heard they had a series which was also blowers and was messed up.. either 1660 or 1660ti.

No this one is pretty good, Gamer Nexus and Hardwared Unboxed (and others) made reviews on it :) 

Just now, Plouffe said:

No this one is pretty good, Gamer Nexus and Hardwared Unboxed (and others) made reviews on it :) 

Alright.
I calculated that 497 Watt is what is needed for the PC.
550 Watt PSU is enough? if modular gold?

2 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Yeah, I will probably get an 1TB HDD on top of it and my girlfriend has a very specific taste when it comes to cases, haha.

I will probably buy most pieces of off mindfactory, so it is one shipping. Also seems that some parts are cheaper on there, too.

without HDD and Case it is 925,61 €, ending in a 4,22 difference. Not much, but I also get a 6 month direct exchange for not-working parts, which seems nice.

Any case-specific things I should look for?

Yeah, I will probably get an 1TB HDD on top of it and my girlfriend has a very specific taste when it comes to cases, haha.

I will probably buy most pieces of off mindfactory, so it is one shipping. Also seems that some parts are cheaper on there, too.

without HDD and Case it is 925,61 €, ending in a 4,22 difference. Not much, but I also get a 6 month direct exchange for not-working parts, which seems nice.

Any case-specific things I should look for?

Yes if you don't mind a bit of noise, the airflow on the mb511 is really good (mesh, RGB, tempered glass). It will be better than the mb600l.

Oh and if you picked the mb600l because of the ODD, there is the Focus G, similar to the mb511 but with acrylic panel instead.

On 10/31/2019 at 2:05 PM, Plouffe said:

Oh and if you picked the mb600l because of the ODD, there is the Focus G, similar to the mb511 but with acrylic panel instead.

I found my case.
Probably not to your liking, but I found it to fit my expectations and part-sizes. :D

https://www.amazon.de/Thermaltake-Level-Tower-Tempered-Glass/dp/B07KTCX38L/ref=sr_1_10?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=thermaltake&qid=1572686386&sr=8-10

I found my case.
Probably not to your liking, but I found it to fit my expectations and part-sizes. :D

https://www.amazon.de/Thermaltake-Level-Tower-Tempered-Glass/dp/B07KTCX38L/ref=sr_1_10?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=thermaltake&qid=1572686386&sr=8-10

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3417-thermaltake-level-20-mt-review-basic-mistakes

Not great not terrible :P