Bootloader with mouse support?

After much tinkering, and completely swapping the Bluetooth module, I was finally able to get the keyboard to work in Kubuntu on my Dell XPS M2010. The idea is a dual boot system with Windows XP for retro gaming and Kubuntu for anything requiring the internet, because XP. Unfortunately I have to re-pair the keyboard each time a switch between them. Not a huge deal but when I reboot after pairing with Kubuntu I lose keyboard support during POST.

I have found a few options; Grub Mouse (last updated in 2012), Gujin (last updated in 2013), and Burg (not finding much here either).  Anyone have any experience with any of these and will they work with a newer distro?

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

you have to repair the bluetooth if switching OS.

you can also use a multi device bluetooth keyboard.

usually it has 2-3 switch, you can pair each one for different os.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

so you are not using the laptop's keyboard?

I only have an apple blue tooth keyboard and I have had no issue from ubuntu 16 to 19

3 minutes ago, Bacon soup said:

so you are not using the laptop's keyboard?

I only have an apple blue tooth keyboard and I have had no issue from ubuntu 16 to 19

The keyboard for this 'laptop' is bluetooth.  It works fine in Linux but when I reboot it doesn't work during post or GRUB.

OriginalJPG.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

The keyboard for this 'laptop' is bluetooth.  It works fine in Linux but when I reboot it doesn't work during post or GRUB.

bluetooth should be loaded after boot by the OS which means you need a USB keyboard or a cheap wireless keyboard that has the type of radio that doesnt need pairing. 

1 hour ago, Bacon soup said:

bluetooth should be loaded after boot by the OS which means you need a USB keyboard or a cheap wireless keyboard that has the type of radio that doesnt need pairing. 

You are mostly correct.  On this laptop the keyboard will pair in some sort of emulated HID USB mode during POST so it can be used for BIOS and what not.  When I pair the keyboard in Windows XP and restart the computer this works fine.  When I pair in Kubuntu and restart the computer this doesn't work at all.  I very much doubt that the Linux community will offer support for such an odd hardware use so I have been looking into a bootloader with mouse support so I can select an OS when booting.