PSU Help!

SlimShady99

Hello, first of all thank you for your help.

I have a RTX 2080 paired with a R5 2600, no OC on any of them because I currently have a shitty 750W Owlotech PSU, no 80 Plus.

I'll buy a 80 Plus bronce or silver PSU now, and I was thinking of this ones because they are at good price on Amazon Spain, would you help me to pick one? I dont think I'll need more than 650W on a good 80 Plus PSU, its just that with a 2080, I think I need to upgrade for stability the current one.

Here are my options:

Nox Urano VX 650W 80 Plus Bronce 49,90€

Corsair CP-9020172 650W 80 Plus 54,90€

Aerocool KCAS600S 600W 80 Plus Bronce 39,90€

Aerocool LUX Modular 650W RGB 80 Plus Bronce 59,90€

Where do you live? Links to any online retailers ? Non of those psu’s I would recommend 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

13 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Where do you live? Links to any online retailers ? Non of those psu’s I would recommend 

Spain. And I will buy It from Amazon, 40-60€ is my budget

luckily there's a thread full of recommended PSU's. 
If possible try to grab something from near the top of this list:

6 minutes ago, yaop117 said:

luckily there's a thread full of recommended PSU's. 
If possible try to grab something from near the top of this list:

Thank you, I'll check them

Just now, SlimShady99 said:

Thank you, I'll check them

No problem. Hopefully there's something on there that's available in your country :)

15 minutes ago, SlimShady99 said:

Spain. And I will buy It from Amazon, 40-60€ is my budget

I mean I wouldn’t cheap out on psu. A good quality 550W model will be sufficient for you.

have a look at Corsair TXM or similar 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

since you show to have some money you could enlarge your budget with about 20 bucks, and you can get something tier a+

but i see @yaop117 linked the topic already

550W would be enough for R5 2600 + RTX 2080 + OC both of them? Or I should go for 650W. Its my gfs PC currently and she has an Owlotech 750W, its my graphics card and my exCPU. 

550W would be enough for R5 2600 + RTX 2080 + OC both of them? Or I should go for 650W. Its my gfs PC currently and she has an Owlotech 750W, its my graphics card and my exCPU. 

500W would be enough too. @GoldenLag even suggested a 400W power supply, though that's a bit of a tight fit.

Quality tends to be more important than wattage... but of course you want enough of both.

1 minute ago, SlimShady99 said:

as long as it's a good 550w, it'll be perfectly fine

but then again, i'd stretch your budget by about 20 euro's, so you can get something like a formula gold (looking at pcpp spain it seems quite a good value) 

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

as long as it's a good 550w, it'll be perfectly fine

but then again, i'd stretch your budget by about 20 euro's, so you can get something like a formula gold (looking at pcpp spain it seems quite a good value) 

Why, the Corsair Vengeance is in budget and will do fine.

Just now, Sakkura said:

Why, the Corsair Vengeance is in budget and will do fine.

but is in no way comparable to a formula gold...

but is in no way comparable to a formula gold...

Who cares, it's perfectly fine. Most people use their PSUs to run PCs, not oscilloscopes.

Just now, Sakkura said:

Who cares, it's perfectly fine. Most people use their PSUs to run PCs, not oscilloscopes.

i'm not talking electrical performance here

as much as vengeance bronze is a decent budget unit, the bitfenix is a heavily modified cwt GPS, which is supposed to last longer, has higher efficiency, is more quiet and yes, has higher electrical performance if you do care about that

i'd say 20 bucks more isn't a stretch considering OP buys a 2080 here

i'm not talking electrical performance here

as much as vengeance bronze is a decent budget unit, the bitfenix is a heavily modified cwt GPS, which is supposed to last longer, has higher efficiency, is more quiet and yes, has higher electrical performance if you do care about that

i'd say 20 bucks more isn't a stretch considering OP buys a 2080 here

I think it's disrespectful to barge into a thread and totally disregard OP's budget, at least when there is an entirely valid option that fits the budget. Yeah you can spend more to get more, but people have limited amounts of money.

Yes Im with you guys, but the 2080 is temporary, its my GFs PC she will have a 5700-5700xt, so 550W 80plus silver would be nice, the thing is I dont find on Amazon Spain 550W 80 Plus Silver, or even 650W, only too expensive. Ive been getting blue screens of Windows constantly this day thats the reason Im getting It today for tomorrow, the RTX 2080 is brand new I used my warranty cause my old one (1 week of Life) suddenly got purple artifacts, so It has to be the PSU, its pretty bad, 

Yes Im with you guys, but the 2080 is temporary, its my GFs PC she will have a 5700-5700xt, so 550W 80plus silver would be nice, the thing is I dont find on Amazon Spain 550W 80 Plus Silver, or even 650W, only too expensive. Ive been getting blue screens of Windows constantly this day thats the reason Im getting It today for tomorrow, the RTX 2080 is brand new I used my warranty cause my old one (1 week of Life) suddenly got purple artifacts, so It has to be the PSU, its pretty bad, 

that has more to do that 80+ silver is a rare case in general, most are either down to bronze or up to gold

if you look at 80+ gold for example, they're not much more expensive, if sometimes even cheaper than 80+ silver units

an example would be the formula gold i mentioned above, but feel free to ask me on whatever you found

I want to try Modern Warfare on 3 hours so I maybe put my Rx 580 to play It if I dont fix It soon. Hahaha. Btw I got a Nox Urano 650W 80 Plus Bronce with pretty good reviews, It seems the best for 55€, im getting It tomorrow on my home

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

that has more to do that 80+ silver is a rare case in general, most are either down to bronze or up to gold

if you look at 80+ gold for example, they're not much more expensive, if sometimes even cheaper than 80+ silver units

an example would be the formula gold i mentioned above, but feel free to ask me on whatever you found

Didnt know that, seemed to be more gold ones yeah, but cant find a good in price tho, 80-90€ only and my GF doesnt want to pay that :P a 80 Plus bronce is already a nice enhancement compared to that "750W" Owlotech PSU xD

1 minute ago, SlimShady99 said:

Didnt know that, seemed to be more gold ones yeah, but cant find a good in price tho, 80-90€ only and my GF doesnt want to pay that :P a 80 Plus bronce is already a nice enhancement compared to that "750W" Owlotech PSU xD

well, 80+ only rates efficiency, but yeah... it's getting a more rare and rare case. the only somewhat big ones that come to my mind currently are the Vengeance Silver and Pure Power 10

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Vengeance Silver seems ok. I'll check tomorrow the one I bought and then make my final choice, thank you all for your replies, its really appreciated