Looking for most valuable gaming laptop, Suggestions please

I have options as follows:

Asus Scar 2: (240Hz display, i7-9750H, RTX 2060) - 1614 $

Asus Scar 3: (144Hz display, i7-8750H, RTX 2070) - 1499 $

Lenovo Y740: (144Hz display with GSync, i7-9750H, RTX 2060) - 1500 $

I need suggestions as I am confused between Scar 2 and Scar 3

id go for the scar 3 since i doubt i will need on 240 Hz display in the next 5 years or so...   also since asus has been in the gaming scene longer than lenova id go for the asus since they actually know what theyre doing but hell thats just my opinion. lenovo for me still signals the business class laptops and workstations also servers but not gaming

Some EU input to Canadian IT :D 

uh, the whole Lenovo thing id disagree with. Your going by the basis of how old the company is. By that logic Mercedes cars, used or new, should be the best and most reliable vehicles in the market. Do you see everyone driving a Mercedes? Lenovo laptops are just as good as Asus laptops. Id say theyre even a tad more reliable as Asus doesnt have the best quality control. 

also the CPU difference between the i7-9750H and i7-8750H is nonexistant. Theyre honestly the same. 

If you are some sort of pro csgo player or pro (insert twitchy shooter here) then the 240Hz might be a better choice. 

That being said most people arnt, id go for the Lenovo. Im hesitant on the Scar 3 just cause while yes it does have an rtx 2070, again, Asus quality control is not the best. Unless youre playing triple AAA titles like Battlefield where that rtx 2070 might be useful then go for the Lenovo. 

8 hours ago, nextg3n said:

id go for the scar 3 since i doubt i will need on 240 Hz display in the next 5 years or so...   also since asus has been in the gaming scene longer than lenova id go for the asus since they actually know what theyre doing but hell thats just my opinion. lenovo for me still signals the business class laptops and workstations also servers but not gaming

Thanks for your advice:),  although Lenovo has the best display amongst all, 500nits, GSync, 144Hz, Dolby Vision and HDR 10, Also Lenovo is slimmer than Scar. 

2 hours ago, Wellingtonzed said:

uh, the whole Lenovo thing id disagree with. Your going by the basis of how old the company is. By that logic Mercedes cars, used or new, should be the best and most reliable vehicles in the market. Do you see everyone driving a Mercedes? Lenovo laptops are just as good as Asus laptops. Id say theyre even a tad more reliable as Asus doesnt have the best quality control. 

also the CPU difference between the i7-9750H and i7-8750H is nonexistant. Theyre honestly the same. 

If you are some sort of pro csgo player or pro (insert twitchy shooter here) then the 240Hz might be a better choice. 

That being said most people arnt, id go for the Lenovo. Im hesitant on the Scar 3 just cause while yes it does have an rtx 2070, again, Asus quality control is not the best. Unless youre playing triple AAA titles like Battlefield where that rtx 2070 might be useful then go for the Lenovo. 

Thanks for your reply. When you say quality control, what exactly do you mean?

Okay when i say quality control, i say something like a hardware problem. 

A faulty CPU that goes too hot all of a sudden or clocks weird, hardware defects. If windows keeps crashing or struggles to run easy things. These are good signs

If you want to buy Asus by all means, i myself bought an Asus ROG zephyrus Ga502 just a few months ago. Just make sure everything works and is A-OK out of the box, otherwise its fine. With the Zeph i bought it turns out it didnt recognize the ram i installed and windows bugged out at times so there was a motherboard issue(i assume, either way theres a problem) there. I got a new one cause of the defect and its been working fine since. Its just the first few days you have to keep an eye on it.  

Thats not to say Lenovo laptops cant have defects and hardware issues too, its just that its a bit more likely with an Asus. 

Really everytime you buy a laptop your rolling the dice. 

obviously if something does feel out of wack just go back to the store and tell them so. They'll give you a new unit and send back the defective one back to the company. I think you can do that within X amount of days though, so always keep an eye on whatever you get at the beginning.

I know you probably know this but just in case: remember to let the device update stuff when you first get it and remember to download Ge-Force Experience to update your graphics drivers.