Multi Room Gaming

BradTheReal
Go to solution Solved by harryk,

The best setup would be an optical Thunderbolt cable and dock, though this is very expensive. 15m is not that far. HDMI can generally go 15m without signal loss, though you can always add a powered extender if there's issues. You could probably get away with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse if you add a big external antenna to the computer. Or get a USB over ethernet extender.

Hi, 

I have an office downstairs but sometimes would want to play games upstairs while lying in bed these two rooms are quite far away however, I would need to have at least 4 usb ports in the bedroom and also a display cable, now to save hassle it would be great if all of this could be done wirelessly although I don't think it is possible at all, also would it even be possible to run cables that length (would need to be at least 15m cables) to the bedroom, any solutions?

Thanks, Brad

3 minutes ago, BradTheReal said:

Hi, 

I have an office downstairs but sometimes would want to play games upstairs while lying in bed these two rooms are quite far away however, I would need to have at least 4 usb ports in the bedroom and also a display cable, now to save hassle it would be great if all of this could be done wirelessly although I don't think it is possible at all, also would it even be possible to run cables that length (would need to be at least 15m cables) to the bedroom, any solutions?

Thanks, Brad

I know you can get a SteamLink thinger (if they still sell them, I know a while back, they were on sale for less than 5 bucks), and then you can play your Steam library on your TV over your network either wirelessly or wired. If you plan on playing any competitive, or quick-response type games (like FPS), then the delay might be too much to enjoy.

I think nVidia also has a network interface thing, though I don't know how that one works.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

The best setup would be an optical Thunderbolt cable and dock, though this is very expensive. 15m is not that far. HDMI can generally go 15m without signal loss, though you can always add a powered extender if there's issues. You could probably get away with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse if you add a big external antenna to the computer. Or get a USB over ethernet extender.