The best for cooling?

Oakmeal

Noctua NH-D15 this is what i saw for the best cooling you can get idk if that is true but what do you guys think buy or no? Getting a new case that can fits it but wanting to know if it's worth or just get a aio or something. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4vzv6h/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd15

Edited by LogicalDrm
Fixed text size

Is it a good cooler? Yes, for an air cooler it's definitely up there as one of the best. But, 'Is it the best cooling system?' No, that title would go to liquid nitrogen or Helium, it really depends on how far you're willing to push it. However, for the average consumer, liquid cooling would offer better performance given a decently sized radiator, good static pressure fans and solid contact material on the block. What case is it that you're planning to get? That'll help when narrowing down an AIO. From the sound of it, you won't be doing a custom loop? Right? 

What CPU and are you after highest OC?

What case and RAM?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I say yes on the D15, it's definitely worth it.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

It really does depend on the CPU you're trying to cool. For Ryzen, there are multiple other options which are more than sufficient for cheaper. e.g. Macho Direct, Scythe Fuma Rev B, Deepcool Neptwin, Mugen 5 Rev B.

If you are cooling an unlocked Intel chip (9700k, for instance), D15 is a great choice. For 9900k@5.0+, you might want to look to a good 360mm AIO.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

It's wrong, Noctua have a weird idea with their product..........the new heatsinks now all focus on how to don't interfere the first PCIe lan(x16), but chromax d15 recently still use the old prototype interfere design. Why they don't use the D15S and add one more A15 let it become perfect???

And Noctua's products are too expensive, check the U12a.

In my mind and in any review's compare, the THERMALRIGHT's Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme and it's refresh version, rev.b , is the most powerful air cooler.

http://thermalright.com/product/silver-arrow-ib-e-extreme/

http://thermalright.com/product/silver-arrow-ib-e-extreme-rev-b/

The different between them is rev.b won't overstep the standard ATX.