Need a 7.1 Surround gaming headset for PC

Hey, so my headset is on its final legs so I've been in the market for a new 7.1 surround sound headset for gaming. Recently I've looked at the corsair vengeance 2100 wireless headset and am ready to jump on it, except that I'm not sure if the cups will completely surround my ear or have a space at the bottom for sound to escape, which would suck. Another worry is that if I forget to charge one night and am forced to play while charging, I can't have a frequent buzz, that is common from this model, in my ears and being heard by my friends on Skype and Teamspeak. I've also looked at the Logitech g930 which is very great looking and the reviews suggest the sound is great, but I've heard of a lot of technical issues, like frequent disconnection from the dongle, as well as durability issues to the right ear phone. I'm also aware that the mic quality will not be as clear as wired, but my friend has purchased the Logitech model recently and it sounds fine to me. 

When looking at wired models, I researched the wired model of the G930, the G35, and that would get rid of the frequent disconnecting issue but I'm assuming not the durability. I've also looked at the wired Astro a40 with no mix amp, as well as other wired models from corsair. 

I've been weighing my options of having wireless vs wired and I've reached a list of pros and cons for the two. 

Pros for wireless: Less cords, able to move about.

Cons: May have disconnection issues from the dongle, charging may cause buzzing on both ends

Pros for wired: No connection issues, no recharge, better mic quality, less latency ( I'm assuming)

Cons for wired: Wires, less mobility

I'm not sure if I want to go wired or wireless and which headset to choose depending on which road I take. If you have any suggestions as to wired vs wireless and which model I should buy within my parameters, please leave a comment. If you have a surround sound headset now, I would love to hear your reviews, thanks!

the g35  from Logitech is good

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Personally I don't think wireless is worth it. I mean, you don't move that much when you are on your PC. And if you have to go to the bathroom, you won't go with your headset on, it's just weird.

You could check the Razer Tiamat

Please don't buy a gaming headset let alone a surround one. I won't bother going into the nitty gritty on the poor sound quality because frankly I don't know enough to be able to tell you at a technical level. But as an overview Gaming headsets usually have lots of bass and poor soundstages which coincidentally are bad for gaming.

But surround is pointless on headsets. Speaker setups make sense because your mind interprets sound sources by the delay between when a sound hits your left and right ears. When you have headphones you don't hear the same thing in each ear so 7 sound outputs makes absolutely no sense.

As for wired and wireless there are no big reasons to not go wireless other than the fact that wireless headphones that sound good are expensive. I have no problem with wired but I can see how wireless would be useful.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I bought the Logitech G930 from my friend, and in the beginning they disconnected quite often when on wireless. But lately they havent disconnected when I'm sitting at my computer. But if im listening to music and I go to the bathroom (yes, I do that, its cozy), they start disconnecting. 

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

I currently have the Logitech G35 7.1 Surround Sound headset. I've had it for over 1 year and I use it everyday. It's the only 7.1 headset I've ever owned but it's great.

If you're curious about the physical durability, I've dropped it twice and it hasn't broken yet. It works well when playing games such as Planetside 2, Dota 2, World of Tanks and pretty much any game that supports directional audio. The only issue I've ever had with it was with games that choose a recording source automatically and use that as the default source, in other words it would use my Creative Soundblaster as the input source rather than the G35, but that issue was solved by disabling the Creative Soundblaster as an input source and keeping the G35 as the only input source. Another great thing about it is if you have a loud PC, the G35 does an okay job with dampening any noises external to the headset.

So overall, I would go with the G35. But this is all my personal experience and opinion on the G35, I wouldn't know about any other 7.1 headset.

I hope you find my ramble on the G35 somewhat helpful.

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3 Ghz | Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: Asus Z97 Pro Wifi AC (USB 3.0 rev) | Memory: G.Skill 2x8GB Ripjaws @ 1866MHZ | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Gaming | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

Please don't buy a gaming headset let alone a surround one. I won't bother going into the nitty gritty on the poor sound quality because frankly I don't know enough to be able to tell you at a technical level. But as an overview Gaming headsets usually have lots of bass and poor soundstages which coincidentally are bad for gaming.

But surround is pointless on headsets. Speaker setups make sense because your mind interprets sound sources by the delay between when a sound hits your left and right ears. When you have headphones you don't hear the same thing in each ear so 7 sound outputs makes absolutely no sense.

As for wired and wireless there are no big reasons to not go wireless other than the fact that wireless headphones that sound good are expensive. I have no problem with wired but I can see how wireless would be useful.

Surround is not pointless on headsets- I can definitely tell the difference on my Xonar when I switch to 8ch in BF4 or 6ch when watching a 5.1 MKV.

Logitech makes some pretty good higher end gaming headsets, the bass and  isolation is incredible and Dolby headphone kicks ass.

i really do not understand surround sound headphones. you have two ears, you can easily get the same experience with normal 2ch headphones. Just get some software like razer surround and you will be good to go. also company's labeling head phones a 7.1 is just stupid as it is implying that you have 7 speakers plus one subwoofer in the headphones.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I would recommend the Sennheiser Pc360's. I believe B&H has them for $150.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Hi wuzzy, I've had several wireless headsets, and the one that has satisfied me the most is this model from Sony: http://tinyurl.com/pvvrvvs (MDR-DS6500), it has a much higher sound quality than any "gaming" headset from Corsair or Razer.

Maybe the sound's quality is higher since the device is not "gaming" oriented, but that's a great advantage because you can use them not just for gaming, but for movies and music alike (you can use them in 2.0 stereo).

One of the things I liked the most (besides the great quality audio) is the battery life: I use to play Battlefield 3 and Left4Dead2 with my friends, sometimes we start around 9PM and keep on playing until 5 or 6AM of the next day and the battery still would have charge enough for another gaming session. And since it has a "transmitter station" instead of a dongle, there are not connection issues at all, I can even go to my kitchen or other rooms and the sound won't cut.

My G930's are absolute SHIT. Had for not even 6 months and there is static and popping ruining everything. The bass is terrible and ruined the ending of Bioshock Infinite because all the exploding ships sounded like poooo.......be warned