planning new rig, thoughts on my list?

jassik

Pcpartpicker link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sLzPsk

along with the parts mentioned above, i have a custom water loop planned that will be going through my processor and graphics card(damn EK is expensive...but its gonna be worth it)

1. Budget & Location

My spending goal is to keep it under $2,000 USD, not including my plans for a water-cooled system. I plan on ordering everything late November to hopefully catch some black Friday weekend sales, but i dont mind going over budget as i can always wait on some parts *cough cough liquid cooling loop

2. Aim

while the main goal of the rig will be gaming(counter-strike,total war) i do make music as a hobby and I stream to my friends regularly.

3. Monitors
   I currently own a cheap 1080p 60hz Acer monitor that I'd like to relegate to becoming my second monitor. besides those two stats i dont know anything else when it comes to monitors so help picking up a screen that will look nice whenever i need good refresh rate for gaming or something that will make my shows look good :)

4. Peripherals

no new keyboards and mice for now. hopefully my current windows key keeps working ?

5. Why are you upgrading?

while most of my current hardware is definitely up-gradable, now is the perfect time to introduce my very young brothers into PC gaming(i'm giving them my current rig for christmas).

PCPartPicker Part List

Hello,

You could go for 3600mhz ram and an Asus TUF or Aorus elite/pro x570 (lower price than the Taichi). Also the Fractal Design Meshify S2 or Lian Li PC-O11 Air would allow great airflow and good watercooling support (both at ~150$).

4 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Hello,

You could go for 3600mhz ram and an Asus TUF or Aorus elite/pro x570 (lower price than the Taichi). Also the Fractal Design Meshify S2 or Lian Li PC-O11 Air would allow great airflow and good watercooling support (both at ~150$).

thanks for the tips! I'll definitely look into the RAM. as for the motherboard I was looking at the Aorus X570 pro but there were quite a few reviews that dissuaded me. do you have experience with the Aorus series motherboards?

1 minute ago, jassik said:

thanks for the tips! I'll definitely look into the RAM. as for the motherboard I was looking at the Aorus X570 pro but there were quite a few reviews that dissuaded me. do you have experience with the Aorus series motherboards?

I used to have a z68x-ud3h-b3 with my 2500k and it's still working for a friend after 7 years at 4GHz OC.

My wife has a z370 aorus ultra gaming and it works fine with a 8600k light overclock at 4.2GHz.

I use a z390 ultra that overclock my 8700k at 5GHz without issue (though I use it a 4.7GHz now).

Also X570 and Z390 from Aorus are really good and usually have good reviews.