Google Calendar Weird Sync Problem

Go to solution Solved by ruyakira,

So I have no idea what`s going on with my google calendar.

I did remove her account from my device and I created a new calendar, from there I shared it with her account email and she confirmed.

But still when I try to refresh my calendar it says "Sync Error".

I tried all of these steps

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/6261951?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en

and these too

https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-google-calendar-sync-error-android/

And still get the Sync Error message when trying to refresh the calendar.

I was trying to see if there was a OP6T update bug with the calendar but I didn't find anything.

Really frustrating.

Any insights?

NEVERMIND, FIXED IT

Apparently I solved it by having her shared her calendar with me too.

Now we both can see all events.

What the F...

Thank you anyhow!

Problem: Me and a co-worker share a space in a clinic and to avoid booking over each other we decided to use a shared google email and sync calendars so we can know when someone has booked a client. It is convenient because I can see both work events and personal ones in the same calendar. However since 2 weeks ago my calendar says "Sync Error" whenever I try to refresh it and I can't see my coworker`s bookings(actually I can see only some, but not all of them, wtf?). But every event I created, she can see all of them. I`m really not sure wheter the problem is on my end or on hers.

I remember that at first she had a problem on her end with the calendar and couldn`t see my events but whatever she did, solved it. Now I am the one who cannot see some of hers(Why only some and not all of them?)

My device: OnePlus 6T

Her device: Iphone X

Not sure what else is relevant, I`ll be more than willing to share other important information if necessary.

Thank you in advance.

Just get things clear, you are sharing email address for that calendar? It's not just calendar made by one of you and shared to other?

Do you use Google Calendar as client or something else? Have you checked sharing settings and/security for that extra account (if I understood correctly)?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Indeed, we created a gmail account only for the porpouse of that calendar, so I logged into the account on my OP6T and synced everything and so did she.

Thinking back it would be wiser to have shared a calendar from my account or vice-versa.

No, I just use the Calendar for those bookings.

I'm not quite sure where those sharing/security settings are.

Also, could it be a problem from her end even though I am the one getting the sync error?

2 hours ago, ruyakira said:

Indeed, we created a gmail account only for the porpouse of that calendar, so I logged into the account on my OP6T and synced everything and so did she.

Thinking back it would be wiser to have shared a calendar from my account or vice-versa.

No, I just use the Calendar for those bookings.

I'm not quite sure where those sharing/security settings are.

Also, could it be a problem from her end even though I am the one getting the sync error?

I think you both constantly logging in and syncing from different devices and IPs is the main issue. If you try to share that calendar to your main account, that can solve it.

There are some issues with syncing shared calendars. Like it takes time for sync to complete between accounts.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So I have no idea what`s going on with my google calendar.

I did remove her account from my device and I created a new calendar, from there I shared it with her account email and she confirmed.

But still when I try to refresh my calendar it says "Sync Error".

I tried all of these steps

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/6261951?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en

and these too

https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-google-calendar-sync-error-android/

And still get the Sync Error message when trying to refresh the calendar.

I was trying to see if there was a OP6T update bug with the calendar but I didn't find anything.

Really frustrating.

Any insights?

NEVERMIND, FIXED IT

Apparently I solved it by having her shared her calendar with me too.

Now we both can see all events.

What the F...

Thank you anyhow!

Edited by ruyakira