How to fix Update_Core?

Go to solution Solved by SubbyDew,

Seems like it might be an issue with their servers as you can manually download other cores ie. Core_21 (http://cores.foldingathome.org/Win32/AMD64/NVIDIA/Fermi/beta/Core_21.fah) but if you try to manually download the a7 core (http://cores.foldingathome.org/Win32/x86/AVX/Core_a7.fah) you get a 404 error.

Hey guys ran into another problem today, i’ve been folding 24/7 on my new inherited 7960X system For over a month now and it has been pumping out work units like crazy Until a few hours ago when suddenly the 7960X does not want to fold anymore? The system isn’t overclocked and I’ve gone through every troubleshooting measurement that I can think of and for the life of me I cannot get it to work... it also kills me because I accidentally deleted the wrong thing and dumped a 189K point work unit which was almost finished for my 1080 TI... the CPU slot just keeps saying “Update_Core” The last time I had that my GTX 960 in my HTPC died (just about a month ago in fact). But I know there’s nothing wrong with the CPU... any ideas?

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

I’m having same upissue on one of my pc. Still don’t have any answer.

i tried download the core directly which works

looked at firewall, fahclient all enabled.

or disable firewall

tried using another network.

tried delete everything and restart.

nothing works

Okay... my i5 8500 system just did it too!? Now I have 3 CPUs down! (One is my QX6800 system the cooler died today so just 2 with the update_core issue)

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

29 minutes ago, SubbyDew said:

Seems like it might be an issue with their servers as you can manually download other cores ie. Core_21 (http://cores.foldingathome.org/Win32/AMD64/NVIDIA/Fermi/beta/Core_21.fah) but if you try to manually download the a7 core (http://cores.foldingathome.org/Win32/x86/AVX/Core_a7.fah) you get a 404 error.

I would assume that is the best answer since they both did it at the same time I’m sure the server will update soon

Same problem here. 2 CPUs down and 2 more after they finish their current work. It must be their servers because the manual download links lead to a 404 error.

It just started working again a few hours ago it was definitely the servers