considering upgrading phone

GarageMan

Hopefully this is an appropriate place to put this, I'm considering upgrading my phone at the moment, as I've had an IPhone 6s for 3 years now, and it's not holding up as well, with the battery draining incredibly quickly even though I had it replaced about a year ago, and it has trouble connecting to wirelesss networks sometimes. Since I largely use google apps and spotify and basically none of the apple apps, I'm planning to make the jump to android, and was wondering what I should look for in a phone, and what phones I should look at.  So far I've been looking at the Google Pixel 3 (though the 4 is expected to come this week if I read that right), and the One plus 7 pro and was wondering what are some other phones to consider? The notches/cameras dont really irk me except for the hole punch camera, I'm just looking to find an android phone without much bloatware that will last a few years and be supported for a while. Battery and camera strength are pluses.

Thanks for reading

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Why not a iPhone 11. Apple is the king of longterm support

iPhone 8 as well, theyre still being sold.

But nobody does LTS better than Apple, and I would suggest their phones to most people because of it. In the end a phone is a tool, and a good tool does not become obsolete quickly.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

You can get a damn cheap iPhone X on OfferUp and similar sites. There's one for $300 in my area, so depending on where you live you might get lucky.

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

36 minutes ago, SenKa said:

iPhone 8 as well, theyre still being sold.

But nobody does LTS better than Apple, and I would suggest their phones to most people because of it. In the end a phone is a tool, and a good tool does not become obsolete quickly.

Small substantiation. My XS Max was defective and I am finally getting it replaced for free by Apple, simply didn't have the time before and the issue wasn't massive for me. Apple pay didn't work, which was annoying but I didn't bother with it. Anyways, my old 6s was a near seamless transition since it will run 13.1 quite well. This is a 32GB phone and I've used 24GB of it fully loaded with all the stuff off my XS Max. iOS itself is a little under 5GB.

Im not sure how I managed, but the battery is original and at 97% health.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

1 hour ago, Himommies said:

Why not a iPhone 11. Apple is the king of longterm support

I'm kind of interested to see what's out there in the android world, since the apple prices have been hiking, just looking for some good value, and what to know what's all really out there. thanks for the input though.

6 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Ok so you want a phone with good battery, camera, and no dot punch front camera.

What else did you like and dislike about your 6S? Overall size? Display size? Are you on GSM or CDMA network? Need to keep headphone jack? Need more storage? Travel much and would like dual SIM? Preferred unlock method?

Also it would be great if you have an idea of how much you would like to spend since you mentioned your concern about jPhone prices. Keep in mind we will assume you are subject to US prices and availability unless stated otherwise.

Provide much as possible so that I can find the ideal phone for you, and not based on someone else's preferences or what they want you to buy.

Thanks for that list of considerations, might take a little bit of time to think about what I really like and disliked about my 6s, but I'll start with answers to your questions/suggestions, I like the size and proportion of the 6s, it's a good size for my hand, whereas I find that the 8 that my friend has is a bit large for my hand. I'm not really sure how I feel about the display size, though as we move into a war against bezels I guess it's inevitable screens are getting taller, but the width of the screen is pretty good for my hands. I am on a GSM network, and I would like to have a headphone jack, though it isnt a set in stone sort of need. I do want more storage than the 32GB I have. No need for Dual SIM, and I personally prefer fingerprint ID though I dont care too much about that. I think I already mentioned my biggest issues with the 6s, the camera felt really poor, though it might have just been my unit, and the battery seemed really questionable over the phone's lifetime. My real concern with the iphone prices is that I would get locked in to the ecosystem and the prices continue to hike up. I would say that I would like to spend less than 1000 usd (I am in the US) and maybe keep it in the below 800 range. I'll have to keep thinking about what I distinctly liked and disliked about the 6s