upgraded to ryzen, pc booted into bios once but now won't POST at all. HELP

Toffe123

I built my new Ryzen 5 system, the first boot everything worked fine but it told me to reinstall Windows. I was able to go into the bios and prepare the system for a Windows 10 install.

I go to reboot it and now the PC won't post at all.

The fans and hard drive spins up, the RGB turns on, but nothing. No POST at all. I tried booting it with a single stick of RAM but nope. I tried unplugging everything, including the CPU but to no avail. I also tried resetting CMOS using the screwdriver method and pulling out the battery. No luck.

The PC worked once so I am confused as to what's wrong.

Also, on the mobo, there is a red light that doesn't go away and it points to the CPU being an issue?!

Here are my specs:

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI B450m Mortar Max (Ryzen 3000 ready)

Corsair 3200mhz RGB Pro 16gb

EVGA White 80+ 500w

GTX 1070

I have just now installed my old H81m-s2h and I5 4460 and that set up works fine so it can't be a PSU issue, right?

Thanks.

Image of the build

https://imgur.com/a/8tIjcXi

Here is the red light

https://imgur.com/a/RFZibNF

Edit:

Also, when the PC worked once, on the BIOS everything checked out. It recognised my RAM, CPU, GPU, MOBO etc.

Edit 2:

Thank you for your response guys, i emailed the retailer and they will take the board back for testing. Will report back on what happens.

15 minutes ago, Toffe123 said:

-snip-

Hi, If according to the led the cpu is not working (properly), you could try reseating it (taking it out and putting it back), (make sure there are no bent pins on the cpu before putting it back). This might resolve the problem, if it doesn't you could try another motherboard with the same cpu or the same motherboard with another cpu if you have this option. depending on location i would advice to contact your retailer and ask them how they can help you (with testing under warranty).

edit: make sure to reply if you have questions or an update

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

1 minute ago, TheThymo said:

-snip-

also, are all cables connected properly?

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

Check the Drives are connected properly?

GPU: RTX 3060Ti 8GB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz  

Mobo: B450M-K

Keyboard: Logitech G915

Mouse: Logitch G502 HERO Lightspeed

Audio: BeyerDynamic Tygr 300R

6 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

also, are all cables connected properly?

Love the PFP! :)

2 minutes ago, Jakebrims said:

Check the Drives are connected properly?

this should not have any influence, if no drives are connected you are taken to the bios

1 minute ago, TheThymo said:

this should not have any influence, if no drives are connected you are taken to the bios

Yep sorry i misunderstood the question, could CPU fall off a bit?

1 minute ago, Jakebrims said:

Yep sorry i misunderstood the question, could CPU fall off a bit?

if the cpu is not properly the cooler wouldn't fit ?‍♂️

Have you updated the BIOS at all? Even if it's writen 3000 ready on the website it might not have been updated, and even if it's updated it is certainly outdated. First thing i would do is reset CMOS, download latest BIOS and get a thumbstick ready, put it in the correct slot on the board (bios) and tap the Bios Flashback button.

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

If it ain't overclocked it ain't good...

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU