New Virtual Server setup help! SCSI interface?

dewie93

Hi guys,

A new one on me who usually deals with laptop and PC repairs, we have a customer who is wanting to backup/upgrade an old HP ML150 G2 server which runs Server 2002 used to send plate printing files to the printer.

I am planning on using Disk2VHD  to create the virtual disk, then running the system with HyperV on an i5-8th gen HP workstation with a 256GB SSD and 8GB RAM with Windows 10 Pro. 

The connector for the printer is what looks like a SCSI but i'm running out of knowledge of where to get a SCSI to PCI-express card or whether HyperV can even communicate with PCI interfaces.

I'm just looking for some advice if any of you clever folk have more experience in moving old systems and hardware (despite the printer only being a 2006 unit, I'd have expected USB interface to be an option)

I have attached a few pictures of the connector we need to have. 

Thanks in advance!

Jordan

IMG_20191010_122550[3076540].jpg

IMG_20191010_122630[3076508].jpg

IMG_20191010_122641[3076487].jpg

IMG_20191010_122648[3076524].jpg

That looks like a SCSI HD50 connector. Getting an USB to that will be tricky as software for those things was for DOS / W98

So what is the printer that is attached to that. Maybe look at an alternative connection on it.

54 minutes ago, Dujith said:

That looks like a SCSI HD50 connector. Getting an USB to that will be tricky as software for those things was for DOS / W98

So what is the printer that is attached to that. Maybe look at an alternative connection on it.

This printer isn't a usual 'printer', it prints large metal plates for use in creating magazines and takes up half the size of a room but there is no other connections I could find on the machine other than the cables going from the main module with the brains to the actual printer mechanism. It doesn't necessarily need to be USB, it would be handy, but if we can find a PCI card for that it would be great.

It's a SCSI LVD 68pin connection.  They do make USB adapters, but most of them specify to only work with drives. No scanners or printers.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>