Sound Issues with new Gigabyte Motherboard

Nova5575

Attached To this is my LatencyMon and im currently having audio troubles with my Gigabyte z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI board and sometimes when im listening to music or watching youtube there will be a random static or pop noise and I cant figure out why. I was running the latency Mon for about 58mins before it randomly spiked to 17758 latency so im not sure what could be causing this. Should I RMA the motherboard I really dont want to rebuild my whole system again but I will have to do what I have to do. This is my first time with a gigabyte motherboard and because I bought it on newegg they are saying the item is nonrefundable just replaceable so it looks like im stuck with this board... hopefully someone here can help me fix the issues or at least help me find out where to start

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CONCLUSION

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:58:49 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION

Computer name: DYLANSPC

OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, version 1903, build: 18362 (x64)

Hardware: Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI-CF

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz

Logical processors: 8

Processor groups: 1

RAM: 32699 MB total

CPU SPEED

Reported CPU speed: 360 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES

The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 17758.50

Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 3.841108

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 17710.60

Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 1.839593

REPORTED ISRs

Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 695.3050

Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.223413

Driver with highest ISR total time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.302473

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 7226702

ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 4

ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs

DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 17807.130556

Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ACPI.sys - ACPI Driver for NT, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.120821

Driver with highest DPC total execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.258783

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 16004447

DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 86

DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS

Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: nvcontainer.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 25701

Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 4874

Number of processes hit: 83

PER CPU DATA

CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 319.856493

CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 695.3050

CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 84.963414

CPU 0 ISR count: 6862494

CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 17807.130556

CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 65.685527

CPU 0 DPC count: 14919969

CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 153.097619

CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 198.636667

CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.430735

CPU 1 ISR count: 364212

CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 264.277778

CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 6.424842

CPU 1 DPC count: 630179

CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 108.224686

CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0

CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0

CPU 2 ISR count: 0

CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 277.977222

CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0.345856

CPU 2 DPC count: 196534

CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 97.777795

CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0

CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0

CPU 3 ISR count: 0

CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 266.601111

CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0.109544

CPU 3 DPC count: 42054

CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s): 95.296141

CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0

CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0

CPU 4 ISR count: 0

CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs): 232.702778

CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s): 0.130943

CPU 4 DPC count: 66963

CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s): 190.188908

CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0

CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0

CPU 5 ISR count: 0

CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs): 167.031111

CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s): 0.151887

CPU 5 DPC count: 46010

CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s): 109.479011

CPU 6 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0

CPU 6 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0

CPU 6 ISR count: 0

CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs): 235.598889

CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s): 0.150780

CPU 6 DPC count: 86397

CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s): 87.783971

CPU 7 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0

CPU 7 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0

CPU 7 ISR count: 0

CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs): 132.805556

CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s): 0.060142

CPU 7 DPC count: 16428

Usually gigabyte is pretty good.  But onboard motherboard is never great.  you could just get a seperate sound card cheaply like the asus xonar or sound blaster audigy fx(which is based on a much older creative soundcard)  for 40 dollars.  Either sound card should sound as good if not better than your motherboard.  That way you don't have to replace  your whole motherboard. 

6 hours ago, masethekiller said:

Usually gigabyte is pretty good.  But onboard motherboard is never great.  you could just get a seperate sound card cheaply like the asus xonar or sound blaster audigy fx(which is based on a much older creative soundcard)  for 40 dollars.  Either sound card should sound as good if not better than your motherboard.  That way you don't have to replace  your whole motherboard. 

There is one problem because its a mini itx board I only have one PCI slot and that is being used by my graphics card

Oh I see  here is a usb sound card  https://www.amazon.com/Creative-BlasterX-Portable-Gaming-70SB171000000/dp/B01DLY3IW8/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=usb+audio+creative&qid=1570751831&sr=8-5  

People get them for laptops.  I've not used one before so I can't say how well they work and there are other brands.  That should fix your problem and if you get a decent quality one it should sound fine.