Connecting External (Parallel Port) Zip Drive to USB

My mother passed away last month and as a result my siblings and I have been trying to clean out the house we all grew up in.  That isn't easy because my particular family of pack rats has lived in this house for 46 years.  I've come across a bunch of things I didn't realize were still here such as my Palm PDA, my Sony eBook reader (that predated the Kindle), and my Sony Walkman.  My most interesting (electronic at least) find is an external Zip drive and about a half dozen 100 MB zip disks.  I bought them in the mid 1990's to increase the storage of the 420 MB hard drive in my first PC.  I am really curious as to what I might find on these disks almost 25 years later.  The problem I have is connecting a parallel port device to a PC that only has USB ports.  I can find parallel port to USB adapters on Amazon such as the Sabrent USB to Parallel IEEE 1284 Printer Cable Adapter (CB-CN36).  Now I have no idea if the drive will still work and whether the disks will still be readable after 25 years.  But assuming they do still function, would such a cable be all that I would need access the disks?  Thank you in advance for any advice.

Assuming you have the power supply (zip drives needed an external one, right?) that should be all you need.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈