Z390 Motherboard with PCIe 3.0 supports RX 5700?

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

well the price difference of the 8700k and the 9700k actually ended up being pretty small, but sometimes you'll catch a good sale on an 8700k that makes it a good value. again compared to a $200 3600, it's hard to justify.

yes indeed. And actually, Asus is unfortunately a little infamous for their bad customer service, so be wary.

YOu mean 8700K is better than 9700K overally?

And how about MSI?  Is Gigabyte more robust than MSI or the vice-versa?

1 minute ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

And that difference in percentage might be due to the idling o f the multi-thread part of the R5.

most likely

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Tiffanysinyee said:

YOu mean 8700K is better than 9700K overally?

not necessarily, if it's cheaper it's a better value but they perform really similar. If you love to overclock the 9700K is better because the integrated heat spreader uses solder instead of paste and 9th gen was made to OC, but for mild overclocks and general use the 8700k will suffice.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

not necessarily, if it's cheaper it's a better value but they perform really similar. If you love to overclock the 9700K is better because the integrated heat spreader uses solder instead of paste and 9th gen was made to OC, but for mild overclocks and general use the 8700k will suffice.

I recall Tom's hardware published a guide for CPU, it says something which basically means the highest clock speed prevails. So I always remind myself to watch for that particular figure and compare. 9700K is 100Mhz less than 8700K. So 8700K could be better but where do I find it? They're all seconds hands.

8 minutes ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

I recall Tom's hardware published a guide for CPU, it says something which basically means the highest clock speed prevails.

that's unfortunately not true, except in this one case when comparing two intel processors from the same generation.

9700K is 100Mhz less than 8700K. So 8700K could be better

only base clock is lower. Boost clock is higher, and like I said, 9700K overclocks better too, so overall better in gaming,

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=126684,186604

So 8700K could be better but where do I find it? They're all seconds hands.

Are you buying in the united states?

Primary PC:

14 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

that's unfortunately not true, except in this one case when comparing two intel processors from the same generation.

only base clock is lower. Boost clock is higher, and like I said, 9700K overclocks better too, so overall better in gaming,

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=126684,186604

Are you buying in the united states?

No, I am from St. Ives in the UK.