New to headsets

GramKracker00
Go to solution Solved by NameOfNoInterest,

I am looking to buy a new headset and am willing to spend $250+ dollars. I am particularly interested in sennheiser. I want to buy the G4ME zeros but I don t know because of the built in microphone. I am more of a headphones and desktop microphone kind of guy. Just wondering if they are worth it or if I should go for other headsets or heaphones. Using them for gaming and some mild music listening. Thanks.

I recommend that if you are comfortable with the system you have, use it. Maybe buy the G4ME Zeros and disable the microphone and just use the desktop microphone. If you do buy the G4ME Zeros then you should do a test record with the built in mic, and if that isn't your bread and butter, just use them for listening and keep the desktop microphone and use it as usual. If you do end up using the built in mic, eBay is your friend.

I am looking to buy a new headset and am willing to spend $250+ dollars. I am particularly interested in sennheiser. I want to buy the G4ME zeros but I don t know because of the built in microphone. I am more of a headphones and desktop microphone kind of guy. Just wondering if they are worth it or if I should go for other headsets or heaphones. Using them for gaming and some mild music listening. Thanks.

You can get the mod mics to add. Or a desktop mic.

Diamond 5 in League :)

?

Modmics arent very well for the money, and sound like crap compared to what you can get. I wouldnt recommend them

Many Computers

Very Smart

Wow

I recommend that if you are comfortable with the system you have, use it. Maybe buy the G4ME Zeros and disable the microphone and just use the desktop microphone. If you do buy the G4ME Zeros then you should do a test record with the built in mic, and if that isn't your bread and butter, just use them for listening and keep the desktop microphone and use it as usual. If you do end up using the built in mic, eBay is your friend.

My n00Build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NameOfNoInterest/saved/ 

Do you really expect me to know things? 

$25.67/$~2500 (Price changes hourly..) I'm 1/100th of the way there!

Modmics arent very well for the money, and sound like crap compared to what you can get. I wouldnt recommend them

Honestly , I think you don't know jack squat about it.

NO. While they are fine MUCH better can be done for the price. 

Many Computers

Very Smart

Wow

For that budget of $250, I'm sure you could get something more than a mod mic

True, its just an easy cheap solution for people.

Honestly , I think you don't know jack squat about it.

I would say the same to you. And especially with a budget of $250+ much better can be done. Also something that a lot of people like to forget; just because Linus has a video on it, does NOT mean that it is the best choice. 

Many Computers

Very Smart

Wow

I would say the same to you. And especially with a budget of $250+ much better can be done. Also something that a lot of people like to forget; just because Linus has a video on it, does NOT mean that it is the best choice. 

I like how you think DOING THIS helps.

I like how you think DOING THIS helps.

I dont, it just emphasizes main points. 

Many Computers

Very Smart

Wow

NO. While they are fine MUCH better can be done for the price. 

Not trying to be annoying but I mean, the guy brought up that particular brand, why not refer back to it? If he chooses G4ME Zeros he chooses G4ME Zeros. I think he knows what he can get for that price. Maybe he just likes that particular brand or the design style. Whatever it may be, he wants G4ME Zeros.

Bye the way even if someones budget is 250+ its always good to save money and get an upgrade on something else.

Not trying to be annoying but I mean, the guy brought up that particular brand, why not refer back to it? If he chooses G4ME Zeros he chooses G4ME Zeros. I think he knows what he can get for that price. Maybe he just likes that particular brand or the design style. Whatever it may be, he wants G4ME Zeros.

When an OP asks for help, that is what you give him/her. 

Many Computers

Very Smart

Wow

Yeha, I like my 7.1s, although they aren't very good, I just like them and I think they are comfortable.

Cool I got best answer. I have used my power for good!

Bye the way even if someones budget is 250+ its always good to save money and get an upgrade on something else.

Maybe for hardware, but keep in mind this is the audio subforum. Many of the hardware rules do not apply. 

Many Computers

Very Smart

Wow

Yeah that reminds me of a quote "What are you going to do, caps me to death?"

lel

When an OP asks for help, that is what you give him/her. 

Your being too strict and forceful, on a forum you give help, you don't shove it down their fucking throats.

Yeha, I like my 7.1s, although they aren't very good, I just like them and I think they are comfortable.

Don't get me started on the comfort of headphones. I don't buy headphones for quality. Comfort. I use Koss UR22i

Its not 7.1. Its simulated 7.1. 7.1 means 7 speakers in a surround system plus a subwoofer. You actually have a 2 channel system. They are also Razers and a headset. need I say more?

Many Computers

Very Smart

Wow

Don't get me started on the comfort of headphones. I don't buy headphones for quality. Comfort. I use Koss UR22i

I actually had those! I just kinda broke the right ear....

lel

Your being too strict and forceful, on a forum you give help, you don't shove it down their fucking throats.

Alright before this gets to bad I'm gonna just leave this thread. You guys just.. take a pill.