First Mirrorless

Obdy

Gday everyone

I'm looking for a mirrorless camera for a gift, and since I jumped from compact to dslr I have no experience with this form factor.
I was thinking something like a sony alpha 5100L or a fujyfilm X-a3, but i really really have no idea

Max budget is something like 450€, but if it stays under 400 i'll be a happier person

Thanks buds

Is this for you or someone else? Is its for someone else are they are new to photography with a dedicated camera? If so Canon's M series lineup like the M100 would be great as their menu layout and generally excellent touch interface help keep frustrations to a minimum for beginners. If they are willing to put up with any UI on a camera however I would go with the Fuji as Fuji is the only 1st party company that actually cares about making a wide range of good lenses for APS-C sensors. If you want good glass from likes of Canon, Nikon or Sony for the most part you need to buy their lenses for full frame sensors which are heavier, bulkier, and more expensive. And unless you shoot sports/action, a better lens will give you generally better results then a fancier body.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Memory: 32GB 3600mhz DDR4 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 |
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, 850 Evo 500gb, 960 Pro 1tb | Cooling: Custom Liquid Cooling Loop (CPU/GPU) | Case: CaseLabs Mercury S8+Pedestal  | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + PA238QR