One HDD showing up as two separate drives

Zuthrain
Go to solution Solved by Necrovarius,

you would go into Disk Manager, and find the HDD you are referring to. Delete Each partition, so it shows up as one blank disk (Unallocated Space) then format it as one drive.

A while ago I threw my old HDD into my rig, so in total 2 drives, but the one I threw in actually added 2 drives somehow, meaning I currently have 3 different directories but only 2 drives, i’m not handy with how these work so please help

Sounds like it might be partitioned, So part of it is seen as a separate drive. if it was a boot drive before, it would have a "Recovery Partition" probably.

@Faisal A @Necrovarius Soon i’m going to get rid of my boot drive but keep the secondary drive since i’m getting an SSD, any advice on how to ensure it only shows as one drive now and in the future?

Just now, Zuthrain said:

@Faisal A @Necrovarius Soon i’m going to get rid of my boot drive but keep the secondary drive since i’m getting an SSD, any advice on how to ensure it only shows as one drive now and in the future?

What I would do is back up anything you want to save, and then Format the drive completely.

4 minutes ago, Necrovarius said:

What I would do is back up anything you want to save, and then Format the drive completely.

how would i go about formatting a singular drive that’s partitioned into 2? i’m rather clueless on this stuff

you would go into Disk Manager, and find the HDD you are referring to. Delete Each partition, so it shows up as one blank disk (Unallocated Space) then format it as one drive.