An issue with pc not being able to POST

Hello, this is my first time posting here because i don't know where i should ask this question (besides the store), so let me know if i'm missing some info or broke some rules.
I'm building a new core pc,  (motherboard + ram + proccessor) i'm using my old graphics card, ssd's psu and drives. stat's below:

New Parts:

• Ryzen 5 3600
  • Crucial Ballistix Elite 16gb Kit (8x2) DDR4-3600
  • MSI B450 Mortar Max

Old parts:

• FSP Aurum Gold 700w
  • Inno3D 1050
  • 1 Patriot SSD and 1 WDC 1TB HDD

The Problem:

• once all are plugged in, there is no beep on the buzzer, no output
  • i checked the ez debug led, cpu lights up then off. dram not lighting at all. vga lights on then off, boot drive lights on then off.
  • i tried unplugging the ram, it made the 3 long buzzer sounds with pauses in between
  • plugged it back in and it returns with no beep, no post and visual output, but everything including keyboard, mouse, gpu, processor seems to light up.

The Question:
Does this isolate the problem specifically to the ram?
or must i do something else to confirm / make sure it's not something else?

Thank you for your time.

The debug lights turn on and off during startup and is completely normal, it indicates a problem when the light comes on and stays on. It beeps when there is no ram in the board because it won't post without ram... that's to let you know there is no ram installed. Try it with just one stick of ram installed in slot 1, double check all of the connections to your PSU, make sure your Display cable is hooked up to the GPU and not the motherboard as the 3600 does not have integrated graphics so if it's plugged directly into the motherboard it will not display. If you are using a different display cable from before make sure the monitor input is correct.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

The debug lights turn on and off during startup and is completely normal, it indicates a problem when the light comes on and stays on. It beeps when there is no ram in the board because it won't post without ram... that's to let you know there is no ram installed.

, double check all of the connections to your PSU, make sure your Display cable is hooked up to the GPU and not the motherboard as the 3600 does not have integrated graphics so if it's plugged directly into the motherboard it will not display. If you are using a different display cable from before make sure the monitor input is correct.

Thank you for this suggestion, i have tried it:

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Try it with just one stick of ram installed in slot 1,

I tried a combination of all slots, 1 in A1 / A2 / B1 / B2
then dual channel on A1A2 or B1B2
then i tried A1B1 and A2B2

still the same problem persist, no single beep to signify post, and the ez debug led still behaves like what i mentioned earlier

5 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

make sure your Display cable is hooked up to the GPU and not the motherboard as the 3600 does not have integrated graphics so if it's plugged directly into the motherboard it will not display. If you are using a different display cable from before make sure the monitor input is correct.

I also am currently running with said old card (i returned back to my everything old board, cpu and ram)

and everything works fine (my old psu, my old card and drives)

6 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

ouble check all of the connections to your PSU,

Yes i have also checked my old psu manual and it does plug in correctly. 8pin cpu power / 24pin motherboard power. all plugged in correctly

7 minutes ago, Yamadipati said:

still the same problem persist, no single beep to signify post, and the ez debug led still behaves like what i mentioned earlier

Newer MSI boards like the mortar max do not have a single beep code for successful boot, the have a few to signify issues like three beeps for memory missing or failing but not a successful boot beep, if they do it comes from the factory disabled and needs to be manually turned on in bios. As for the led debug lights as I said earlier they are working as intended. On startup any board with led debug lights will have them cycle through on startup they will turn on then off in order. The only time the led debug lights will indicate an error is if the light turns on and STAYS on. 

Do you have a secondary PSU you can test in the system? The only thing that I can think of is your PSU is having issues delivering power to the new components, it is an older unit and has possibly started deteriorating.  It may be fine to power your older hardware but there may be a problem with it trying to feed the new VRMs and CPU of your new components.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

That mobo seems to be on a list of "needs a bios update and one is provided" to run the 3rd gen chips. Are you sure the BIOS has already been flashed with 3rd gen support?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

17 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Do you have a secondary PSU you can test in the system? The only thing that I can think of is your PSU is having issues delivering power to the new components, it is an older unit and has possibly started deteriorating.  It may be fine to power your older hardware but there may be a problem with it trying to feed the new VRMs and CPU of your new components.

Sadly no, but i will try to find one to test it with.

The CPU turns on then off, DRAM does not light up at all, VGA turns on and off, BOOT turns on and off.

It just skips the DRAM led.

5 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

That mobo seems to be on a list of "needs a bios update and one is provided" to run the 3rd gen chips. Are you sure the BIOS has already been flashed with 3rd gen support?

I'll look up its support page, and try this out first with flash bios button method (since I can't go into the bios normally.