stutters during gaming

hollyh88

so recently ive been having stutters. with every game. not bad ones just ones that happen for 1 second each several minutes. i have no idea what's causing it. it happeneds on both an oc of the cpu and gpu and without oc.

specs:

1070 (evga sc)

ryzen 5 2600x

3200 2x8 memory kit (oc profile for 3200)

msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac
seasonic focus plus gold 850 watt

lg gk650f

Things ive tried/checked:
Updating bios of mobo, reinstalling drivers, rolling back to an earlier windows update or the newest, checking if it isnt a ram issue, checking if non of my components are bad, checking whether or not the psu is the issue. checking whether heat is the issue. 

Sadly none of these have been the cause. Everything is updated to the latest driver/bios/update. ram isnt having issues, non of my components are at fault, psu gives no issues, and my gpu is around 70c when gaming and cpu is around 55c. 
I even checked if the mobo had any heating issues. 

mobo.PNG.294aa8ea14d4d8ba3acae3192dfd4f97.PNG

It doesnt. 

i honestly dont know what could cause it anymore. 
only thing i havent tried is reinstalling windows completely.. but thats a big hassle i rather want to avoid. 

Anyone got any ideas or also suffering from stutters when gaming? Note this only happeneds when gaming. not anything else.

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

Do you have your games on a seperate hard drive? Might be the hard drive becoming bad

8 minutes ago, Dropit said:

Do you have your games on a seperate hard drive? Might be the hard drive becoming bad

they are all on different ones. it doesnt matter which one i had them on sadly. 
both ssd and hdd have the issue. 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

6 hours ago, NonStandardUser said:

Interestingly, I'm having the exact same issue... Might be a windows issue? Since when did this problem start?

eh funny enough since eh couple of days ago. wait.. i just checked. there was a windows update that happened. 0.O

PC: 

still sadly cant find a fix. going back to an older windows version didnt help it either,.. :( 

PC: 

do you think it could be something to do with your monitor and refresh rates ? are you running Free sync on your monitor ?  and is it something that happens that Affects your FPS in game ?

1 hour ago, Yurricho said:

do you think it could be something to do with your monitor and refresh rates ? are you running Free sync on your monitor ?  and is it something that happens that Affects your FPS in game ?

it is freesync yes. but it didnt have issues before so i dont know why it should have. might investigate it a bit more tho

PC: 

1 hour ago, Yurricho said:

Its not my monitor. have the issues when its disabled too. 

PC: 

34 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

Its not my monitor. have the issues when its disabled too. 

All i can suggest then is to check software, re roll all drivers back to the stable version one by one and see if this changes anything (if you haven't already tested this) make sure v-sync isn't enabled (which if this problem is just happening now i wouldn't think in game settings are a factor anyway) Its possible the most recent update through windows you mentioned messed up in some way and is now causing this problem. id even try a fresh format of windows just to make sure there isn't some registry issue.

21 hours ago, hollyh88 said:

eh funny enough since eh couple of days ago. wait.. i just checked. there was a windows update that happened. 0.O

I posted my own question on reddit and I got a viable answer. My stutter started after I installed destiny 2 on steam, which was not yet released. Turns out steam was checking if it was October 1st yet and caused the stutters. Is this the case for you as well?

1 hour ago, NonStandardUser said:

I posted my own question on reddit and I got a viable answer. My stutter started after I installed destiny 2 on steam, which was not yet released. Turns out steam was checking if it was October 1st yet and caused the stutters. Is this the case for you as well?

ehm also funny enough.. i did indeed pre load destiny lol...

so.. you're saying it would be gone if i de installed it? or should it be gone now that it's officially october 1st here. ? 

PC: 

9 hours ago, Yurricho said:

All i can suggest then is to check software, re roll all drivers back to the stable version one by one and see if this changes anything (if you haven't already tested this) make sure v-sync isn't enabled (which if this problem is just happening now i wouldn't think in game settings are a factor anyway) Its possible the most recent update through windows you mentioned messed up in some way and is now causing this problem. id even try a fresh format of windows just to make sure there isn't some registry issue.

i sadly tried all of that. well besides freshly installing windows. because it's such a bitch xD and i always want to avoid doing that

PC: