Lost windows boot

condog209

Got. Computer with a 500G SSD, and 2 1 TB HDD,  and use windows 10

Been a while since I restarted so I hit restart. After that I entered my password, my screen was blank( except windows toolbar Flickering)I couldn't click on anything. I restarted a couple times to see if that would work . Still didnt I ended up doing a system restore ( it failed). And now at my bios menu I can only see 1 of my Hdd, and Blu Ray drive but not my SSD, or other HDD or windows Boot. Do I just have to install windows again.  Bios says those drives aren't installed 

Check the connections inside and make sure they are ok first.

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

So you are still able to login? Can you get the task manager running with key combination ctr + shift + esc?

If so then you can start a new task " explorer.exe ". Sounds like that this does not start at boot in your case.

1 minute ago, Jarno. said:

So you are still able to login? Can you get the the task manager running with key combination ctr + shift + esc?

If so then you can start a new task " explorer.exe ". Sounds like that this does not start at boot in your case.

Ahh this sounds like the issue I had it as well with an old WinXP machine

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

5 minutes ago, Jarno. said:

So you are still able to login? Can you get the task manager running with key combination ctr + shift + esc?

I have no boot drive anymore so I'm stuck in bios menu

1 minute ago, condog209 said:

I have no boot drive anymore so I'm stuck in bios menu

refer to my post below

8 minutes ago, josbeph83 said:

Check the connections inside and make sure they are ok first.

Bios says those drives aren't installed 

Might have missed that part. Then i won't even bother pull any data from the drive that is important back it up and reinstall Windows. Very likely either drive failed or Windows corrupted the last one can't be restored as there is not something as a working boot recovery for Windows.

20 minutes ago, Jarno. said:

Might have missed that part. Then i won't even bother pull any data from the drive that is important back it up and reinstall Windows. Very likely either drive failed or Windows corrupted the last one can't be restored as there is not something as a working boot recovery for Windows.

I I just need to know  if I can still use those hard drives if I reinstall windows, i figured I was gunna lose data at this rate