Can't connect to FreeNAS server from Windows

Bixel925
Go to solution Solved by Jarno.,

You might want to disable the " Only Allow guest Access " option. Not quite sure what FreeNAS means with guest though. Is that the same as Anonymous?

Because normally you would connect as Anonymous to a SMB (SAMBA) share when not using any authentication. Can you ping the NAS from your PC on hostname?

Ping -a should return the hostname of the server.

ping -a 192.1681.1.128

Edit: Try connection to file share by using Winkey + R and then type \\192.168.1.128\<Sharename> it will open up or a login window asking for credentials show up. Then you are halfway there.

Hello,

I am currently banging my head on a Plex server that I am trying to build. I am using the following:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N Mini ITX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 (Took out of a Datto drive [there was a bad controller board]

RAM: 8(x2)GB Kingston DDR 3 

CPU: i5-4440

OS is on a 60 GB SSD and is running FreeNAS  11.2-U6

Drive pool is 4TB (4x) NAS drives

I have previously been able to connect to the server but that was while it was still in the Datto drive and the pool would crash after a couple days of being left on and idle. I gutted that Datto and moved everything to a new case I had and so far the drive pool hasn't crashed on me. While trying to troubleshoot the drive pool crashing, I gave a fresh install to Freenas a few times before getting the Datto. I am finally ready to start putting my files onto the NAS for the Plex server but now I cannot access the NAS from Windows Explorer. The WEB GUI is up and running and I can ping the server from Windows CMD. I've also got SMB share running with Guest Access enabled. I am very new to FreeNAS and I do not remember how I managed to access the server in the first place. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

about server.png

server share.png

server pool.png

You might want to disable the " Only Allow guest Access " option. Not quite sure what FreeNAS means with guest though. Is that the same as Anonymous?

Because normally you would connect as Anonymous to a SMB (SAMBA) share when not using any authentication. Can you ping the NAS from your PC on hostname?

Ping -a should return the hostname of the server.

ping -a 192.1681.1.128

Edit: Try connection to file share by using Winkey + R and then type \\192.168.1.128\<Sharename> it will open up or a login window asking for credentials show up. Then you are halfway there.

Ok, so for whatever reason that worked -.- Thanks for the help!