Can you guys help me out? I'm running into an issue

Specs:

Asus Strix Hero II (GL504GM-DS74)

CPU: i7-8750H

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 16GB

I had this laptop for a year now.

-PROBLEM-

This currently happened recently. When I play really high setting games this would pop-up and then restarts my laptop. I tried to reinstall my graphics driver and also updated the bios. 

This only happens when I play high end games or when I try to stress test my GPU or anything that heats up my laptop.

I also tried testing this in an air conditioned room but the problem still occurs

I also tried memtest and at first it was hanging then when I added more ventilation (placed and egg tray under my laptop) it finished with no errors.

Methods that I have tried:

1. Update the drivers. (Graphics and BIOS)

2. Lightly dusted out the fans of my laptop

Methods that I will try:

1. Change the thermal compound (Still not arrived)

2. Heavily clean my laptop (Waiting for the thermal compound)

I currently have my GPU disabled and will test again when I added the thermal compound

Other than that I don't know anything about this issue and I don't really know whats happening I just searched the stuff that I need to do in the internet. But I still have not found any solutions yet or people who have the same image in the display as mine.

Please send help ? ? ? 

Tasukete kudasai ? 

71198633_3237793689571729_8289714883360980992_n.jpg

This is most likely a hardware issue. Especially if it only happens under demanding GPU loads.

I see 3 causes for this:

1.) the powerbrick
2.) the battery (as some gaming laptops use the battery for additional power in high-demanding scenarios, so if it's broken/damaged the system will crash)

3.) VRAM overheating of the GPU.

What you can do:

1.) Buy a new powerbrick / verify if yours is broken using a multimeter.

2.) Buy a new battery / verify by taking a “guess” if your is broken or not by runing windows battery check and using the device on the battery, especially booting it up on the battery.

3.) Send the device in for repair, you won't be able to fix this yourself. / you cant really verify this, you can only “guess” towards it by downclocking the VRAM with afterburner or similar and see if it fixes or delays it, for overheating VRAM on a 1060m I would suggest a downlock of at least -1.000.

Obviously it could also be simple overheating but the system should still not crash, especially not like this. Can't hurt to verify temps neither and cross reference those with review sites and what they got (I suggest notebookcheck.com)

In theory, a factory windows reset could not hurt - in reality, I’m 98% certain it wont do anything unless you are one of those people who literally knows near to null about computers and yet fiddles around with everything.

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

Amdahls law > multicore CPU.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:29 PM, Nord said:

This is most likely a hardware issue. Especially if it only happens under demanding GPU loads.

I see 3 causes for this:

1.) the powerbrick
2.) the battery (as some gaming laptops use the battery for additional power in high-demanding scenarios, so if it's broken/damaged the system will crash)

3.) VRAM overheating of the GPU.

What you can do:

1.) Buy a new powerbrick / verify if yours is broken using a multimeter.

2.) Buy a new battery / verify by taking a “guess” if your is broken or not by runing windows battery check and using the device on the battery, especially booting it up on the battery.

3.) Send the device in for repair, you won't be able to fix this yourself. / you cant really verify this, you can only “guess” towards it by downclocking the VRAM with afterburner or similar and see if it fixes or delays it, for overheating VRAM on a 1060m I would suggest a downlock of at least -1.000.

Obviously it could also be simple overheating but the system should still not crash, especially not like this. Can't hurt to verify temps neither and cross reference those with review sites and what they got (I suggest notebookcheck.com)

In theory, a factory windows reset could not hurt - in reality, I’m 98% certain it wont do anything unless you are one of those people who literally knows near to null about computers and yet fiddles around with everything.

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.