Ananke build log

rejor11

Imgur gallery: https://imgur.com/gallery/wDQRjiv

So this is the first pc I've built in some years, and it's also my first AMD PC. I've been an Intel guy until this point; I couldn't ignore how well AMD has been performing with their latest generation. 

I built this system for a couple reasons. I needed a backup work pc (my main workhorse is a 2014 MacBook Pro) and I also wanted to build something in preparation for Cyberpunk 2077; though it looks like a couple other games are out there that I'm very interested in. 

Ryzen 3600, MSI B450 Mortar MAX, Adata ram and two M.2 drives, (8gb and 500gb each, respectively), FSP Hydro GE 650w Gold power supply, MSI Evolv 5700XT, all inside an NZXT white/black H400i.

My budget was about $1500 for the system, but I spent about 1250 USD. I was originally going to go for a 1660TI, but since I had the budget, I opted for the 5700xt. I will be installing Windows 10 pro and dual booting between that and Linux (one for play, the other for work). This also makes my first Micro-Atx build, and coincidentally my first full AMD build.

This build isn't finished yet; I have plans to make an LCD screen modification for the glass panel. I live in Taiwan, so it's pretty easy to find shops that sell LCD panels for cheap, without needing to buy full screens. I'll either update this thread or make a new one when that happens (will be attempting this in October).

Let me know what you think! Feel free to roast my build. 

Ananke, the Greek goddess who is the personification of Inevitability, Compulsion and Necessity.