CPU Cooler

LJA

Ok, here is the scenario. I have this rig:

Case: Lian Li PC-q39

CPU: Ryzen 3900x

Mobo: Asrock x570 itx TB3

RAM Tridentz NEO

so...from the list of coolers I'm going to put below (the only ones suitable for my  strange mobo), which one do you think can handle my Ryzen?,  while taking in consideration the max height of my case (120 mm) and the RAM clearance...it sucks that I'm from the arse of the world, and the Noctua NH-L12S can only be adquire in EBAY, so it's a NO.

Silverstone NT08-115XP
Silverstone NT06-PRO
Silverstone HE01
Silverstone AR11
Silverstone AR02
Noctua NH-L12S
Noctua NH-C14S
Noctua NH-L9i
Noctua NH-D9L
Noctua NH-U9S
Noctua

NH-L9x65

thanxs in advance!

Lian Li TU150x - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax - Ryzen 9 3900x - Be Quiet Dark Pro 4 - Asrock RX6800 Ref. Design - Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 32GB - Patriot Burst SATA 240GB - AORUS NVMe Gen4 2TB - PNY CS3030 NVMe Gen3 2TB - Corsair SF750 - Redragon Vishnu K596 - Logitech G604 - Samsung UJ590 32" - Huion GT 221 Pro - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Yamaha HS5

The HE01 is 161mm tall and isn't going to fit. 

The best cooler of the list is probably the NH-C14S with the lower fan blowing towards the side panel. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

13 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The HE01 is 161mm tall and isn't going to fit. 

The best cooler of the list is probably the NH-C14S with the lower fan blowing towards the side panel. 

I was thinking of that one or the NH-D9L, this last one will fit in the case, it won't have any problem with the RAM, but would it be enough for the ryzen beast?...I thought that the NH-C14S wouldn't fit in my case....it's sad that the NH-L12S is not avaiable in newegg nor amazon, if not even if it fells a bit short for a 3900x, its perfect if in the future I buy a case like the Louqe Ghost or sthg like that...the rest of the coolers won't fit in such a case

I've just saw that Noctua has a great sheet with the capabilities of every cooler regarding diff CPUs...that will be helpful

The NH-C14S in low profile will fit, but My RAM is 41mm and the low profile mode allows 40 mm RAM, might work, dunno

Edited by LogicalDrm
Posts merged

Lian Li TU150x - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax - Ryzen 9 3900x - Be Quiet Dark Pro 4 - Asrock RX6800 Ref. Design - Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 32GB - Patriot Burst SATA 240GB - AORUS NVMe Gen4 2TB - PNY CS3030 NVMe Gen3 2TB - Corsair SF750 - Redragon Vishnu K596 - Logitech G604 - Samsung UJ590 32" - Huion GT 221 Pro - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Yamaha HS5

1 hour ago, LJA said:

I was thinking of that one or the NH-D9L, this last one will fit in the case, it won't have any problem with the RAM, but would it be enough for the ryzen beast?

The NH-D9L isn't as good but should still be sufficient as shown in their extensive cpu compatibility chart.

1 hour ago, LJA said:

The NH-C14S in low profile will fit, but My RAM is 41mm and the low profile mode allows 40 mm RAM, might work, dunno

What ram are you using?

1mm isn't much and the heatpipes can easily bend a bit to raise the fins and increase the clearance. 

FYI, you can use the Edit button to add in more info instead more making multiple posts.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

32 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The NH-D9L isn't as good but should still be sufficient as shown in their extensive cpu compatibility chart.

What ram are you using?

1mm isn't much and the heatpipes can easily bend a bit to raise the fins and increase the clearance. 

FYI, you can use the Edit button to add in more info instead more making multiple posts.

my bad, sorry

regarding the RAM:

Ok, here is the scenario. I have this rig:

Case: Lian Li PC-q39

CPU: Ryzen 3900x

Mobo: Asrock x570 itx TB3

RAM Tridentz NEO

1 hour ago, LJA said:

Tridentz NEO

TridentZ Neo is 44mm tall and not 41mm but it seems to fit under the NH-C14S anyway. 

Example: https://forum.dazmode.com/forum/member-area/post-your-build-pictures/2578-sff-build-no-wc

Spoiler

1hxzfI1.jpg

15 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

TridentZ Neo is 44mm tall and not 41mm but it seems to fit under the NH-C14S anyway. 

Example: https://forum.dazmode.com/forum/member-area/post-your-build-pictures/2578-sff-build-no-wc

Reveal hidden contents

1hxzfI1.jpg

Where did you git the height INFO? I've only managed to find those 41 mm in areview..it looks like the plain Trident Z NEO are taller than the plain Tridentz

2 minutes ago, LJA said:

Where did you git the height INFO? I've only managed to find those 41 mm in areview..it looks like the plain Trident Z NEO are taller than the plain Tridentz

It's on G.Skill's website. https://www.gskill.com/faq

They're the same height / dimensions. 

Spoiler

37251_g_skill_trident_z_rgb_height.jpg