6K Red Epic Dragon RAW 3D video editing rig for $5K

Hello, I am planning on getting two Red Epic Dragon cameras to shoot ultra high resolution 6K RAW 3D video. I am going to need a workstation to handel the 6K 60fps HFR 3D video. i am working with a huge file size of 256MB/S in 3D @ 60fps. my budget is 5 grand and that includes the monitor as well. if anyone has any suggestions for a rig for me just let me know.

Hello, I am planning on getting two Red Epic Dragon cameras to shoot ultra high resolution 6K RAW 3D video. I am going to need a workstation to handel the 6K 60fps HFR 3D video. i am working with a huge file size of 256MB/S in 3D @ 60fps. my budget is 5 grand and that includes the monitor as well. if anyone has any suggestions for a rig for me just let me know.

ding ding ding...! We finally found someone that would benefit from a 4k monitor.

This should prove to be quite the build.

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

So we can assume about $600-$1000 will be going towards a monitor

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

ding ding ding...! We finally found someone that would benefit from a 4k monitor.

This should prove to be quite the build.

Are you implying that most people would not benefit from a 4k monitor?

as for the op, what editing program are you going to use?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Are you implying that most people would not benefit from a 4k monitor?

as for the op, what editing program are you going to use?

yes... most people would not even be able to play games at 4k even with a very high end graphics card. Video editing however is another story. 

*cracks knuckles*

Now THIS should be fun.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

yes... most people would not even be able to play games at 4k even with a very high end graphics card. Video editing however is another story. 

Considering most people don't play computer games your point is irreverent.

also, upscaling

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2MOoL air cooled (other then cpu) overkill

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Considering most people don't play computer games your point is irreverent.

also, upscaling

most people on the LTTF do, so your point is irrelevant. Most people don't build their PCs either if you're trying to be nitpicky. 

CPU:  Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($499.99 @ Microcenter) 

CPU Cooler:  Swiftech H220 55.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ NCIX US) 

Motherboard:  Asus P9X79 WS SSI CEB LGA2011 Motherboard  ($359.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Memory:  Mushkin Redline 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($319.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($309.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card:  PNY Quadro 6000 6GB Video Card  ($1904.99 @ Amazon) 

Case:  Silverstone SST-TJ04B-EW ATX Mid Tower Case  ($160.98 @ Newegg) 

Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 

Other: Dell ultrasharp 4k monitor ($1400.00)

Total: $5740.85

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-03 20:47 EST-0500)

Power supply and cpu cooler (unless he plans on overclocking) is overkill. Why'd you include an odd, and why is there no Windows 8?

why odd because if your going to be editing your probably going to need to burn cds

and windows 7 > windows 8 i dont care what you say windows 7 is better 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

why odd because if your going to be editing your probably going to need to burn cds

and windows 7 > windows 8 i don't care what you say windows 7 is better 

Actually Windows 8 usually gives better performance in games, and you still haven't answered my first two discrepancies.

What currency are you using? Any other peripherals needed other than the display? Are you editing and rendering in 6K or are you just working with the raw footage and downscaling it to a lower res for the final render video? Is a copy of Windows needed?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.