Will This Build Work For Video Editing?

So I am on a very small budget ($500) and I wondering if you have any idea if this will be suffecient for video editing in 720p-1080p. This will be for YouTube and Maybe some 480p streaming on Twich.tv

Case: NZXT Source 210

CPU: AMD A10 5800K

Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR3 for AMD Dual Graphics

Ram: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) for Dual Channel

PSU: Corsair CX-430

Thanks for any help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/SmeyersNation/saved/1tSR

CPU Intel I7-4770k - Motherboard MSI G45 Gaming - RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB !866MHz - GPU Sapphire Dual-x R9-270x Crossfire - Case Fractal Design R4 - Storage SSD-120GB Kingston HyperX 3K + HDD-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue - PSU Corsair CX750 - Display Asus VH236H 23inch - Cooling Corsair H100i - Keyboard Razer Black Widow 2013 - Mouse Razer Death Adder 2013 - Sound Astro A40s - OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

im guessing you arent going to be doing really high end video editing as that will take alot more power, since you have a dedicated gpu I wouldn't get an apu id get a cpu perhaps a phenom x4

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

It depends on what software you're using.  If you're going to be using software like Premiere Elements or a more simple video editor, you should be just fine.  More RAM also can help for rendering plus it's pretty cheap.  The processor should be alright, though of course if you want to make the system better a faster CPU would probably be the way to go.

Go intel with dedicated graphics for video editing...

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ryan9298b2/saved/1wWX

Thanks for the suggestion but that is over $100 more than my budget. I have since bought the PC I listed I will post my results on this forum post.

CPU Intel I7-4770k - Motherboard MSI G45 Gaming - RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB !866MHz - GPU Sapphire Dual-x R9-270x Crossfire - Case Fractal Design R4 - Storage SSD-120GB Kingston HyperX 3K + HDD-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue - PSU Corsair CX750 - Display Asus VH236H 23inch - Cooling Corsair H100i - Keyboard Razer Black Widow 2013 - Mouse Razer Death Adder 2013 - Sound Astro A40s - OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

You don't need integrated graphics on that CPU if you already have a graphics card..  For video editing, you want to get as many cores as possible.. try going for a AMD FX-6300 (bit more expensive)  or a AMD FX-6100 (a bit cheaper)  Both will be a better option.  Also having 6 cores will help with streaming as most benchmarks show amd cpu's with more cores at similar price points to intel cpu's are particularly better when streaming.

Good luck with the build..  

Specs like this are definitely not for a proper video editing machine but if your only cutting clips up, adding basic effects and rendering them off for youtube, then you should be just fine.

Also i noticed you haven't included a hard drive..  Video editing software is big and takes time to open. Also a slower hard drive will effect the render and playback performance.

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

You don't need integrated graphics on that CPU if you already have a graphics card..  For video editing, you want to get as many cores as possible.. try going for a AMD FX-6300 (bit more expensive)  or a AMD FX-6100 (a bit cheaper)  Both will be a better option.  Also having 6 cores will help with streaming as most benchmarks show amd cpu's with more cores at similar price points to intel cpu's are particularly better when streaming.

Good luck with the build..  

Specs like this are definitely not for a proper video editing machine but if your only cutting clips up, adding basic effects and rendering them off for youtube, then you should be just fine.

Also i noticed you haven't included a hard drive..  Video editing software is big and takes time to open. Also a slower hard drive will effect the render and playback performance.

Well if you pair the integrated GPU with a discrete GPU you get around a 30% boost from what I've read. And yea I do not plan on anything to intense with editing mainly a few effect and color correction.

Well if you pair the integrated GPU with a discrete GPU you get around a 30% boost from what I've read. And yea I do not plan on anything to intense with editing mainly a few effect and color correction.

hmm I haven't heard of that, but you would also get quite a boost from the different CPU, I suppose it's a bit of a tough pick then.

Overall, for what you want to do, you should be fine..  I used to do some pretty intense editing on a crappy(ish) laptop (acer aspire 5536g i think) and it always pulled through, render times were a bit slow, but it wasn't even that bad to work on.

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

hmm I haven't heard of that, but you would also get quite a boost from the different CPU, I suppose it's a bit of a tough pick then.

Overall, for what you want to do, you should be fine..  I used to do some pretty intense editing on a crappy(ish) laptop (acer aspire 5536g i think) and it always pulled through, render times were a bit slow, but it wasn't even that bad to work on.

Yea check it out here http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/dual-graphics/Pages/dual-graphics.aspx

And yea I understand about the CPU but I figured since I am not doing things such as 3D modeling I should be fine

• 1 year later...

Lists look nice as per your budget goes,thats the best tier for price to perfomance,

i would suggest you go for intel or a bit higher apu if your budget later allows you to have that.

:ph34r: ninja hates sweatpants

Details separate people.

I believe you can video edit on near anything, it just depends on how fast you want it to be. I cant comment on the streaming side of things but for video editing, if you can accept that it will chug at times, or you have to leave it to 'let it do its thing' sometimes. If you're accepting of that you should be fine.

Lists look nice as per your budget goes,thats the best tier for price to perfomance,

i would suggest you go for intel or a bit higher apu if your budget later allows you to have that.

:ph34r: ninja hates sweatpants

Can you please stop necroing threads - this is the second thread so far I've seen in 120 seconds.