Help finding my ultimate sound device.

DaZulu

HI!

Backstory.
So i have had a set of Siberia v2's as my headset for the last 5 years! it finally broke! also i think there is a new life form growing on it... So! what to do? i ended up buying the steelseries arctic 7's got them yesterday. and well, the sound is trash... i had to install a 3rd party eq to get them sounding good. i love the design, i love the wireless. i think there all round good except the out of the box sound. Now i'm thinking for £110 maybe i should instead go all out and get something with a DAC? really push my sound from 0 to hero. when it comes to computers i think i'm above average. but sound? not so much. no idea what i am doing. 

I want to see if i can get the total package. great audio, great design, wireless, good mic. and so on. but like i said before i'm a total nublet when it comes to audio. i don't even know whats good for me lol

Is there a ultimate all in one badass headset? i have looked at the newer arctic pros with the DAC, but are they any good? are they equal to a standalone DAC, standalone mic, and standalone headphones? who knows?! i sure don't
So here i am! asking you good folks to help me out. Has anyone got or tried the arctic pros? if so what ya think? also what would be people ideas for the ultimate sound? I am trying to stay below £200 i'm not gona spend more then that probs.
Even £200 seems steep to me for audio, but if it is able to bring a tear to my eye i mite consider it :D

Thanks in advance for any advice and i'm happy to answer questions.

Much love x
me

Edit: So i just found this. now. is there a way to have this with wireless and all in a single sleek package? i guess not :D Also i want this for games mostly. but also for music. basically i want EVERYTHING!
headphoneshilling2.png

17 hours ago, DaZulu said:

HI!

Backstory.
So i have had a set of Siberia v2's as my headset for the last 5 years! it finally broke! also i think there is a new life form growing on it... So! what to do? i ended up buying the steelseries arctic 7's got them yesterday. and well, the sound is trash... i had to install a 3rd party eq to get them sounding good. i love the design, i love the wireless. i think there all round good except the out of the box sound. Now i'm thinking for £110 maybe i should instead go all out and get something with a DAC? really push my sound from 0 to hero. when it comes to computers i think i'm above average. but sound? not so much. no idea what i am doing. 

I want to see if i can get the total package. great audio, great design, wireless, good mic. and so on. but like i said before i'm a total nublet when it comes to audio. i don't even know whats good for me lol

Is there a ultimate all in one badass headset? i have looked at the newer arctic pros with the DAC, but are they any good? are they equal to a standalone DAC, standalone mic, and standalone headphones? who knows?! i sure don't
So here i am! asking you good folks to help me out. Has anyone got or tried the arctic pros? if so what ya think? also what would be people ideas for the ultimate sound? I am trying to stay below £200 i'm not gona spend more then that probs.
Even £200 seems steep to me for audio, but if it is able to bring a tear to my eye i mite consider it :D

Thanks in advance for any advice and i'm happy to answer questions.

Much love x
me

Edit: So i just found this. now. is there a way to have this with wireless and all in a single sleek package? i guess not :D Also i want this for games mostly. but also for music. basically i want EVERYTHING!
headphoneshilling2.png

That chart is outdated and has some innacuracies. And would personally move some of those cans around. But if you want something great for gaming but great for music the DT 990 or the HD 58x are great options. The he 4xx is really nice too.

after looking into it a bit more.

Philips SHP9500
V-MODA BoomPro
Then a dac with an amp combo (i have no idea what i'm looking for in a dac/amp) I was recommended this Syba USB 2.0 24-Bit 96KHz DAC/amp.

Then maybe down the line i mite get a desk mic if i every wanna stream for funz.

What ya think of the choices? also dac suggestions would be awesome. 

14 hours ago, DaZulu said:

after looking into it a bit more.

Philips SHP9500
V-MODA BoomPro
Then a dac with an amp combo (i have no idea what i'm looking for in a dac/amp) I was recommended this Syba USB 2.0 24-Bit 96KHz DAC/amp.

Then maybe down the line i mite get a desk mic if i every wanna stream for funz.

What ya think of the choices? also dac suggestions would be awesome. 

syba apparently has issues. I would say just stick with your motherboard until you can get better headphones