Games on SSD but 0% usage

IIGodlikemode

Hello everyone , so my problem is that i have steam and csgo both installed on my ssd but the ssd is allways at 0% usage and my HDD wich has the os on it  the % goes up sometimes but the ssd  doesnt move at all , is this normal? 

i have beeen getting really bad tearing might this be the issue maybe it is not sending the data to the gpu/cpu and maybe it causes tearing? 

11 minutes ago, IIGodlikemode said:

Hello everyone , so my problem is that i have steam and csgo both installed on my ssd but the ssd is allways at 0% usage and my HDD wich has the os on it  the % goes up sometimes but the ssd  doesnt move at all , is this normal? 

i have beeen getting really bad tearing might this be the issue maybe it is not sending the data to the gpu/cpu and maybe it causes tearing? 

Why do you have the OS on HDD not an SSD? Bit odd, SSD model would be nice to know also. If the games are really installed onto an SSD, 0% usage is kinda impossible.

Edited by noxdeouroboros

When you launch a game, it puts the data into RAM and then runs from there. You'd see load on the drive when launching the game and maybe during loading screens, depending on how the game manages its data. 

The storage medium won't cause tearing. 

4 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Why do you have the OS on HDD not an SSD? Bit odd, SSD model would be nice to know also. If the games are really installed onto an SSD, 0% usage is kinda impossible.

I have the os on my hdd because my ssd is only 120 gb and gets almost full if i instal the os on it after the updates , and my ssd model is the Kingston A400 120 GB

3 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

When you launch a game, it puts the data into RAM and then runs from there. You'd see load on the drive when launching the game and maybe during loading screens, depending on how the game manages its data. 

The storage medium won't cause tearing. 

yeah when the game opens the ssd goes to 20% and then stays at 0% the whole time while playing 

Just now, IIGodlikemode said:

yeah when the game opens the ssd goes to 20% and then stays at 0% the whole time while playing 

That's pretty much what I'd expect. Data isn't being pulled from the SSD when you're playing, it's running from RAM. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

That's pretty much what I'd expect. Data isn't being pulled from the SSD when you're playing, it's running from RAM. 

so thats normal then ? 

1 minute ago, IIGodlikemode said:

so thats normal then ? 

Considering that it’s normal. I’d say it is normal.

Also, windows doesn’t take up a whole 120GB drive...I had my OS on a 64GB drive for years...

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
(ノಠ益ಠ)╯︵ /(.□ . \)

so thats normal then ? 

Yes. 

As for screen tearing, that's an issue for the GPU really. The storage won't affect it past load times. 

oh ok thank you all for helping,  so its probably my GPU thats causing poor performance , guess im gonna have to wait till i have some spare money to replace it :(

oh ok thank you all for helping,  so its probably my GPU thats causing poor performance , guess im gonna have to wait till i have some spare money to replace it :(

I wouldn't put it down to hardware right away. Software is more often the problem. A clean install of GPU drivers is the first thing to try. After that, you can try a fresh Windows install if you're up for it to see if it fixes your problems. 

50 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I wouldn't put it down to hardware right away. Software is more often the problem. A clean install of GPU drivers is the first thing to try. After that, you can try a fresh Windows install if you're up for it to see if it fixes your problems. 

i already tried all of that thats why i said it might be my gpu , i started noticing it more when i bought a 144hz display using DP cable and my gpu has really bad coil whine thats why i think its the GPU

1 hour ago, IIGodlikemode said:

my gpu has really bad coil whine thats why i think its the GPU

Coil whine 99% of the time has no effect on the GPU's performance.