RX 580 Overheating

Hey all, this is my first post so please forgive the format or if I posted in the wrong place.

I've been having issues with my Asus dual RX 580 4GB OC overheating and I'm not sure why. It regularly reaches 90c and will sometimes creep higher than that. It's past warranty but both fans work so it's not a broken fan shroud. I've put IC Diamond on it to replace the stock thermal compound and it still has issues. 

I've read that the cooling on the card is already pretty insufficient to begin with but I'm not so certain.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Download MSI Afterburner and set the GPU fans to Auto. If it is still overheating, you can just manually increase the speed to see if that helps. Also make sure theres not any dust on the gpu or in the fans or grill. 

5 minutes ago, Rev Games said:

Download MSI Afterburner and set the GPU fans to Auto. If it is still overheating, you can just manually increase the speed to see if that helps. Also make sure theres not any dust on the gpu or in the fans or grill. 

If it still needs it with the fans maxing out, you might try undervolting it a bit. Should also make sure the case has enough airflow-- maybe test the temps with the side panel off and a floor fan blowing into the case.

it might need to be fully cleaned....remove the fans and shrouds (those damn dust bunny's jammed in the heatsink nooks) and possibly due for some fresh thermal paste.

2 hours ago, circeseye said:

it might need to be fully cleaned....remove the fans and shrouds (those damn dust bunny's jammed in the heatsink nooks) and possibly due for some fresh thermal paste.

i think he already replaced the thermal goop on it