New GPU doesn't post

So I decided to upgrade my gtx 745 to Rx 570. Unfortunately I don’t have 8pin connector from PSU so I decided to remove 15 pin sata from CD drive and use it with an converter. I was doing it with a friend, the converter needed a 2 15pin sata connector to power 1 8-pin GPU connector. My friend removed the sata power from the hard drive and tried to run it like that (I know he doesn’t know a thing). After that, I reconnected HDD but pc doesn’t post at all. There is a weird buzzing sound comes out of motherboard. Idk what is wrong. I have i-4770, 12gb of ddr3 ram, and plenty juice for GPU from PSU(about 500w). It makes the same noise with my gtx 745, intel onboard graphics as well. 

A week later...

I got a new PSU from thermaltake 600 watt with 8-pin connector, hooked it up. Works perfectly with gtx 745. 

More on my pc specs, motherboard is IPMB7-MP.

Anyway, there is no beeping noise anymore btw (yet). I installed Rx570 and it does not post anything on the screen, it is just black. I have disabled INTEL on board graphics and Nvidia drivers didn't work. in bios, I disabled PCI SERR# Generation and reboot. Then I tried enabling PCI VGA Palette Snooping, no luck again. I have reset the CMOS by removing the battery. But now there is a beeping noise coming from my motherboard and I don't know what should I do at this point. Please help. Rx570 still doesn't post. I am so frustrated from this process. I have no clue why PCIEX16 3.0 lane would not recognize rx570 and works fine with gtx 745. 

It is used but I tried it on different pc, works fine

To answer what happened:

You used the converter, which you should never have done. The graphics card pulled too much power from the power supply circuit used for SATA power and killed the PSU - the weird buzzing happens inside your power supply because something blew up, maybe a capacitor or something.

And, the power spike that happened when that part of the power supply blew up also blew up the video card.

Power supplies are set up with power rails and specific circuits meant to handle specific things. If your power supply didn't have a PCI-e lane, and you tried to use SATA power to power a video card, you were trying to basically pull a pig through a straw, and broke both the pig and the straw.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

1 minute ago, NickPickerWI said:

To answer what happened:

You used the converter, which you should never have done. The graphics card pulled too much power from the power supply circuit used for SATA power and killed the PSU - the weird buzzing happens inside your power supply because something blew up, maybe a capacitor or something.

And, the power spike that happened when that part of the power supply blew up also blew up the video card.

Power supplies are set up with power rails and specific circuits meant to handle specific things. If your power supply didn't have a PCI-e lane, and you tried to use SATA power to power a video card, you were trying to basically pull a pig through a straw, and broke both the pig and the straw.

Again, I'm just armchair diagnosing. You may have also blown out the PCIe lane, or partially. You may have intermittent success with the card, or a different card in that slot. This might not be the problem, you might have a finnicky motherboard.

Either way, lesson learned: don't mess around with rigging up power solutions.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

Im saying is I tested Rx570, works fine on different pc. I tested after I changed my PSU. When I install rx570 into my pc, there is no sound now. Fans work, but i get no display. Again, it works fine on a diffrent pc. Same PCIe lane that use my gtx745, which works fine. So the rx570 and the pcie lane in good shape. 

Btw, beeping noise is gone when i finish resetting CMOS. Not related to gpu or pcie lane beacuse card was not inserted at that time. Just for further information

Do you guys think that motherboard doesn’t support the card? I mean it techically should beacuse it supports pcie 3.0 but I dont see any sign of booting display from pcie in bios settings. Im frustrated... thanks for all the suggestions and further help.