Dell security manager

Hello!

new member here but a longtime fan of the yt channel but ive heard that here are tech savvy people and i am hoping to find some fresh ideas how to approach the following problem

at work i have a laptop what has a dell security manager protected HDD and i am tasked with reinstalling it... but since i cant access the hdd no matter how i try and the password for the security manager doesnt help sadly :( https://bios-pw.org/#  its a dell lattitude 6430u so my question is there any other way to either get the password or bypass it somehow? been stuck on this for 2 days and starting to boubt in my choice of career.... xDD

anyway ive tried upgrading/downgrading bios-es ive heard it works but no luck with that and i know the ctrl+enter has no luck either at my last job i managed to luck out a fix via that way but no luck here....

would be really gratefull for any decent ideas...

Some EU input to Canadian IT :D 

I've had this issue, I contacted dell and they gave me recovery method after I gave them some info. Just call, they should help

If you don't need to recover anything, wipe the hard drive and reinstall? To wipe you can use any tools available to reformat the drive, or you can even DBAN it and then reinstall afterwards. Be aware that once formatted, you will literally have nothing on the drive. No OS, no Dell Security Manager, no nothin'!

So you'll need some installation media ready or a way of providing an "image" to that computer afterwards.

well contacting dell is kinda hopeless from where im living... no customer support basically(yayy for smaller countries...) i guess i could format the drive using a disk box but since the password is set from the bios im pretty confident there is very little chance of that having any real effect...  or do you disagree?

but will bios battery removal clear it? not competely sure

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 4:36 PM, NinJake said:

If you don't need to recover anything, wipe the hard drive and reinstall? To wipe you can use any tools available to reformat the drive, or you can even DBAN it and then reinstall afterwards. Be aware that once formatted, you will literally have nothing on the drive. No OS, no Dell Security Manager, no nothin'!

So you'll need some installation media ready or a way of providing an "image" to that computer afterwards.

hmm... ive tried ur dban solution and it did not work... still asking hdd password... xDDDD