New leak indicates Galaxy S5 will demolish iPhone6 spec-wise

nicehat

Who cares how fast Samsung's phone is if it's still running bloated Touchwiz. I'd be willing to bet my s3 running cyanogenmod is faster for everyday use than an s4. 

This is why some people prefer iPhones over Galaxy phones, even with their vastly inferior specs they "feel" fast and fluid to use. 

If Samsung can give us a snappy, optimised android with the specs that are rumoured, they'll have a killer device.

And you wont be able to run cyanogenmod on s5?

And you wont be able to run cyanogenmod on s5?

I shouldn't have to run cyanogenmod on anything, that's the point. A lot of people don't know how to or want to root their phones to begin with, and shouldn't have to to achieve the experience

they are entitled to when they buy a premium, flagship device.

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

specs don't mean shit. look at the iphone 5 vs 5s same spec but totally different prefromance.

I will buy one if it's not a phablet (phucking tablet) and doesn't look ugly. Like seriously, what's the point of having such a huge ass phone which people can't hold in their hands (I know slick can). And then cheap plastic. Make something that feels good.

Can't stand the huge phones.

Don't care about this dumb artificial arms race with phone specs that don't matter.

1080p was fine. 

Can just one company be working on Experience and Battery Life for a change? 

Woah, woah, woah, hang on a second, AMOLED, around 5 inches and 1440p? And it has been speculated that oculus VR is interested in samsung display tech? 1440p oculus confirmed :D

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

The phone specs look good. I just don't really see a big reason to have 2560x1440 resolution on a phone.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

How much processing power do you actually need in a phone?

What I NEED? I don't need any processing power at all. i don't need a computer at all. I don't need a house either, or a car, or Internet access... All of those things makes my life much much better though. A better phone would make my life slightly better as well. Why would I say no to things like faster loading times? My phone (I9505) can't play 1080p 10bit H.264 files. My phone is not powerful enough to run the kind of programs I would on my desktop (like Photoshop). Those are things that affect me as of today, because my phone is not powerful enough.

I think it's funny that you say this, and then go on to talking about how desktops can use the power but phones can't. People used to say the exact same thing about desktops. "Do you really need 1GHz? The extra performance is wasted!". Do you want more than a 1GHz Pentium III in your desktop? I suspect that your answer is yes, and if it is yes then why do you make this exception for desktops but not phones? You seem to think that phones won't evolve beyond what they are capable of today no matter what hardware they get. The better hardware we get, the more powerful applications will start to appear (just like they did on the desktop).

The problem is that you are saying "don't put faster chips inside, because we don't need them. We might need them in a few years, but not right now". The problem with thinking like that is that if we stop adding faster chips, the devices 5 years from now will be just as powerful as the ones right now (and the ones we got right now aren't anywhere near powerful enough for a lot of things).

I can recognize the importance of it existing and happening.

Good, and that's all I was after. It really worries me that some people genuinely think "we don't need faster phones" because if everyone had that mentality, we would have been stuck with 500MHz single core desktops or worse. Hardware needs to come before software. That's simply how it is. Want more powerful applications? Then you must first wish for faster hardware.

Anyway I think our opinions aren't that much different in the end. I kind of used you to vent a lot of my frustration over the people who think smartphones don't need to improve anymore. Sorry for that.

specs don't mean shit. look at the iphone 5 vs 5s same spec but totally different prefromance.

The iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S have completely different specs...

The iPhone 5S has a 1.3GHz dual core CPU based on Cyclone (ARMv8 based). 1GB of RAM and a 4 core PowerVR G6430 GPU.

The iPhone 5 has a 1.3GHz dual core CPU based on Swift (ARMv7 based). 1GB of RAM and a 3 core PowerVR SGX543 GPU.

Huge difference in GPU performance, and a huge difference in IPC in the CPU. You can't just look at the MHz to figure out the performance of a chip.

Also, I think everyone is missing an important part of Apple's products:

IGZO. 

the iPad Airs shipped with IGZO which is why the battery is, what, 1/3rd of what it used to be?

The iPhone 6 will ship with IGZO. So really, the battery is probably more than enough.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Got some more info on the S5:

It will come with 3 GB RAM and either 32 or 64 GB of memory. In addition it will come in 2 versions, one with the SnapDragon Processor, the other with the Exynos 6 processor listed in the OP. 

Further more, the S5 will get an S Band bracelet, a new version of S Health, as well as new accessories. As for the screen, iTechAddict reports it has learned from a Samsung India R&D insider that the phone’s entire display will act as a fingerprint scanner, allowing the user to use fingerprint-related features by touching anywhere on the display.

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

1387416882_578707764_1-plumber-All-Delhi

Apparently a very convincing source, (KDB Daewoo Securities-A top South Korean brokerage), has detailed the S5 in a recent note to clients. Keep in mind that this firm has a long history of revealing accurate details surrounding unannounced devices long before debut.

With that background out of the way, the S5 specs sheet indicates that it will be powered by either a 2.5 GHz quad core Snap Dragon or an octa core 64 bit Exynos SoC clocked @ 2 GHz. Other specs indicate that it will include a 5.2 inch AMOLED display with WQHD resolution (2560 x 1440 pixels), 3 GB RAM, 32/64/128 GB storage options, a 16 MP rear camera, a 3.2 MP front facing camera and a big 3200 mAh battery...

Oh yeah, all metal case

• CPU: 2.5 GHz quad core or 2 GHz octa core (2 discrete versions available)
  • Screen: 5.2 inch AMOLED @ 2560 x 1440
  • RAM/Storage: 3 GB with 32/64 storage expansion options
  • Camera: 16 MP rear, 3.2 front
  • Battery 3200 mAh
  • Debut: Q1 or Q2 this year

Again KDB indicates that we are looking at a 4.7/4.8 inch screen while the larger model will sport a 5.5 inch screen. The display will have full HD screens (1920x1080) while the phablet will reah 2k quad HD territory (2272 x 1280 pixels). Other highlights include 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB internal storage options, 2 GB RAM, 8 MP rear facing cameral, a 3.2 MP front facing camera, and 1800 mAh battery

• CPU: A8 64 bit processor
  • Screen: 4.7/4.8 inch HD @1920 x 1080
  • Storage: 2 GB RAM with 32/64/128 storage depending on phone/phablet
  • Camera: 8 MP rear, 3.2 front
  • Battery 1800 mAh
  • Debut: Q2 Q3 this year

http://bgr.com/2014/02/03/galaxy-s5-specs-leak-kdb/

http://bgr.com/2014/02/03/iphone-6-specs-leak-kdb/

Apple-vs-Android-image-001.jpeg

Go BlackBerry!

I can't wait to see if this isn't a lie. I'd love to test out an S5

My n00Build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NameOfNoInterest/saved/ 

Do you really expect me to know things? 

$25.67/$~2500 (Price changes hourly..) I'm 1/100th of the way there!

I can't wait to see if this isn't a lie. I'd love to test out an S5

I agree.. btw, you dont have to quote all the pictures

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green